cant remove steering wheel on 1963 B Model

i got the nut off and there are no holes for a puller. the steering shaft is hollow and looks fragile with the fine threads and thin wall. i dont want to booger it up but i need to fix loose bushing on top of the shaft right under the steering wheel. anybody have any knowledge on this subject?

The only other way I know is the two hammer method- get somebody to help you. Put the nut back on flush with the top of the shaft, so you won't mess the threads up. Get in there and pull up on the wheel as hard as you can and have somebody else hold a ball peen hammer against the top of the shaft and hit it with another hammer and it should pop loose.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I ran into the same thing on my '70 KW. I chose to drill 2-1/4" holes on each side of the shaft into the steel hub. I tapped them out with a 1/4-20 tap,and was able to use a regular steering wheel puller on it. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA