White Road Boss

vision386

i think there was some legal issues with Amt vs Mack regarding the Junkyard dog kit. Mack was pissed that amt disgraced them like that and I think most of the kits were pulled from the market that's why they bring so much. it was the end of the line with Mack licensing anymore kits of Amt to do also I think. been wanting to buy one of those ''Angry Bird'' hood ornaments for years but they also seem to bring a high dollar.

The new AMT / MPC is reissuing the DM-600 and the R-685 over the next year.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I wonder which version of the R600,the first one with spokes and square tanks or the 2nd with aluminum budds and round tanks.

I think it is the 2nd and came out about a year ago. The DM600 Rubber Duck is a good donor for the MTAFA Mack cab conversions, I stocked up on them in the 80's , glad I did.

FW

• Like 1

I wonder which version of the R600,the first one with spokes and square tanks or the 2nd with aluminum budds and round tanks.

I'll know what trucks are due after I attend the NYC Toy Fair in February. I bank rolled a hobby shop in Glen Head N.Y. 27 years ago and that allows me to go as a buyer.

Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mark,

Nice work and the good truck.

I also agree with other's opinion on the color choice.

Glad to see you could spend the time required.

That's always a problem with modelling.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I have also heard Mack had a shit-fit when AMT released the "Junkyard Dog" and it was the beginning of the end of their working relationship. The kit was never well received by Mack.or the general public and as such Mack did in fact pull their licensing agreement with AMT. It is EXTREMELY hard (so I have been told) to get Mack to agree to any model or toy development,prolly why we will never see a CH,CX,CV,or Titan in a complete kit form,which is a real shame,cause I'm positive they would sell with both us modelers and truck enthusiasts................................Mark.

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I have also heard Mack had a shit-fit when AMT released the "Junkyard Dog" and it was the beginning of the end of their working relationship. The kit was never well received by Mack.or the general public and as such Mack did in fact pull their licensing agreement with AMT. It is EXTREMELY hard (so I have been told) to get Mack to agree to any model or toy development,prolly why we will never see a CH,CX,CV,or Titan in a complete kit form,which is a real shame,cause I'm positive they would sell with both us modelers and truck enthusiasts................................Mark.

Revell of Germany which is now a separate company (owned by the employees) from Revell of U.S. (owned by Hobico / Tower Hobbies) and Bruder of Germany have the European licensing rights to the new MACKS and Volvos, has a Granite in the works but it probably will not be available in North America. Similar to the Licensing problems AMT has with Navistar over their older I.H. kits. AMT also has the same problems with John Deere's licensing of their plastic models but not the diecast (?)

AMT's changes in ownership caused licensing problems too. Each change in managment changed licensing agreements. AMT went from stand alone to AMT -Matchbox. AMT- Lindsley, AMT- General Mills (yup the cereal people), ERTL and finally AMT-Round 2.

Licensing has killed production of a lot of model subjects. . .NASCAR models, current Dragsters and Funny cars and even Autocar to name a few. PAACAR even wants licensing on model truck decals to the tune of $5 per sheet. As for NASCAR and NHRA's licensing wants, the car and parts manufactures, team sponsors, the team themselves, the drivers and team owners each want a licensing fee per kit. And not small change either it would add approximately $40. to the cost of each plastic model kit. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

I've got one left I think unbuilt,had 2 but my son built one a few years ago.

Is yours by chance an "Eastcoast" Cruiseliner? would you be interested in selling it? Id like to have one to go with my Wilson pot.

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

the AMT Cruiseliners were all based on the early Cruiseliner,for the most part . It has the recessed headlight panels,Bulldog emblems above the Cruiseliner emblem,Bulldog medallion in grille,and 2 air tanks on both sides,but for some reason,they built it with the later single air intake and aircleaner canister mounted behind the engine,not behind front wheel like the early ones. These kits are always on Ebay if you want one.

They never made an Eastcoast kit,but I've seen resin conversion cabs.

Thx- The "weathered" look is outstanding!

It's air brushed Lipton tea squeezin's

When I came home from my Asian Army Vacation it was given to me to do as therapy to make my arm work better, I never really stopped. Now when my wife puts on the T.V. or plays here on line games I go in my work shop, put on as she calls it "my shit kicker" music (got to have steel guitars and banjo's) and relax for a few hours.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

It's air brushed Lipton tea squeezin's

When I came home from my Asian Army Vacation it was given to me to do as therapy to make my arm work better, I never really stopped. Now when my wife puts on the T.V. or plays here on line games I go in my work shop, put on as she calls it "my shit kicker" music (got to have steel guitars and banjo's) and relax for a few hours.

Nice- When my youngest was into HO trains I bought an air brush and we did some 50's 60's diesels-made em look old-never knew the tea trick though :)

P.T.CHESHIRE

That is one beefy DM800!

I copied one I used to pass on the way to the Marmon Gathering in Denton, TX. at a yard full of retired oil field trucks, trailers and stuff. It was the heaviest DM-800 I ever saw. Hard Bar, 14x24 rubber, 8 spokes and a triple rail chassis.

P.T.CHESHIRE