Do macks have a standard size bearing and spindle for different weight front axles?

ranchhopper

I have a dilemma I wanted to convert my front Dayton hubs to hub piloted front wheels I called gunite and told them my hub number and they came back with a HF819K hub for the conversion. I shopped around and got a great deal on the hubs they arrived and are the same size length wise but the bearings and races are considerably larger and wider. The new hubs take a 555S outer and a 6461A inner bearing which is for a considerably larger spindle where the old daytons took a bower 3877 outer and a bower 3982 inner bearing. My truck has a 10500 pound front axle which has a smaller spindle and bearing combination is there a place to find out which mack axle spindle uses these larger bearing combination where I could get a used axle beam instead of returning all these parts I cant believe gunite was so far off on their conversion. When I gave them the hub number cast into one of the spokes they even said it was their number they made the hub for mack and the HF819K hub was a direct replacement any suggestions here is a picture of the size difference between the outer bearings the smaller being the one off my truck.?

post-18980-0-92392700-1415929956_thumb.j

Don't know why parts guys can't help you out. Gee....their job is to sell parts???

Open up this page and scroll down and there is a conversion link. I didn't try it to see if it works correctly because I don't know all the specs of your truck.

http://www.accuridewheelendsolutions.com/products/gunite-wheel-ends-product-search/

Good luck with your swap and pictures please

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

The gunite people were the ones that gave me the incorrect hub number to begin with that is what that link is for mine didn't cross so I called the headquarters 50 miles west of me. I cant get a straight answer when I tell the parts guys the size of the bore of the bearings as to which axle they will fit that go into the hubs I have some parts guys that are great some that don't want to be bothered maybe its a time issue where they have better things to do. Fact is I now have two new hubs that wont work plus the studs that go into them about 650 dollars worth of parts which I stand to loose over a hundred dollars on with return shipping and restocking fees so the axle swap is more economical I should have done it that way to begin with and I would have been money ahead.