Mack Convoy to Artic circle

I did notice some parallels thou between the irt crew and the mack bunch, no matter how slick it is never run more than a single chain on only one drive axle. never use a drag chain on the trailer axle and never I repeat never put a chain on the steer axle!

I've always found that interesting but never heard why they did that.

At least the Mack guys aren't using the cruise control while they go back the sleeper to grab a thermos or pack of smokes. B)

• Like 1

Jim

I was just thinking ( I know I shouldnt ) can you just imagine going to Mack today and saying I want 11 trucks got to be able to haul off road for carrying over 100 tons each in minus 60 and they need to flex like this and go thru water this deep oh yeah the boys need to be able to heat them up with a blow torch and no computers at all and we need these in 9 weeks or less !!!

I dont want sell Mack of today short and say they wouldnt but what do you all think gone are the days of not making excuses and just getting the job done

• Like 1

I was just thinking ( I know I shouldnt ) can you just imagine going to Mack today and saying I want 11 trucks got to be able to haul off road for carrying over 100 tons each in minus 60 and they need to flex like this and go thru water this deep oh yeah the boys need to be able to heat them up with a blow torch and no computers at all and we need these in 9 weeks or less !!!

I dont want sell Mack of today short and say they wouldnt but what do you all think gone are the days of not making excuses and just getting the job done

YOU'RE SPOT ON ONCE AGAIN PAUL! THE TROUBLE IS THESE DAYS, THERE'S TOO MANY SOFT C--KS! ''I CAN'T DO THAT'' ''TOO HARD'' MY BODY IS STUFFED, BACK, SHOULDERS, PRETTY MUCH ALL MY JOINTS! DON'T GET ME WRONG, THERE'S THE RIGHT WAY TO DO THINGS THESE DAYS BUT THE TROUBLE IS MOST OF 'EM JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE A GO!!! :angry::angry:

• Like 2

:mack1:

• 2 weeks later...

They would tell you Mack don't make a truck like that anymore and try a sell you a Volvo outta there construction division! I'll bet a Volvo hasn't made that far into that area yet!

BULLHUSK