b61 engine bellhousing

there is a few diff ones. we need to know which you have. some were made with an adapter plate to accept the smaller 67 series trans with a # 2 bell. the bigger ones with the #1 bell bousing size originally had 3/8ths bolts in them. the later ones had 7/16ths bolts in them

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. It's 72 series sae #1, i'll double check the bolt size but i think they are 3/8. yarnall let me know when is a good time. ( i'am going away this weekend) i'll take the old one off and bring it with me.

just make sure you dial it in with new dowel pins so it all runs true.

Could you describe this procedure in detail. Are the dowels eccentrics? or can you buy different ones? . its obvious i don't understand

Dowel pins stop the housing from moving. It should be dial indicated off the crank shift so it runs true. Once indicated you need to re drill block and housing and install bigger pins.

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Dowel pins stop the housing from moving. It should be dial indicated off the crank shift so it runs true. Once indicated you need to re drill block and housing and install bigger pins.

Got it, thanks. Oversize pins get em at mack or somewhere else?