E9 lopes

ws721

Now that I have my A.C. working its nice to take a nap in the cold air sometimes. Problem is, the engine RPM changes around 250 RPM no matter what throttle I set it at. I like to set throttle at @ 850 or 900 Kind of annoying. Its an 83 E9 with the AMBOSCH V pump. Any ideas on how to stop this?

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Mine had the E9 lope till i swapped injectors, call Antrim Diesel, they can do some oe remans or some bad boys, I have the hot rod version like MHE9 and a few others and they are seriously hot, youll need a bigger turbo to get full use of the added fuel and keep your egt's down. I talked to them, about injectors a couple times and they said they would do aything from mild to wild and they know E9's pretty well.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

A injector can cause a miss on one cyl but if it lopes or hunts or as some say jacks it self off then its the governor or a hanging rack.A hunt or lope is when the governor rolls up and down and a miss is something you can hear if you go out there and loosen a injector line.

• Like 1

glenn akers

Hmm.

Hmm is quite correct conflicting Dr reports good old google if you only had one crook injector what theakerstwo says is correct but if theres two and they follow each other in the firing order it will hunt and still perform with great big gobs of power under load thats why I say pull the injectors your self and take them to someone who knows what they are doing and have them checked not rebuilt just checked.In Australia smaller places have checked injectors while Im standing there they take me into the shop and show me what there doing and checking and I have never being charged for this either were as bigger shops tend to say leave them over there and come back later today ! And when you come back the parts are always worn and need to be replaced of course there worn there not new but are they worn out ??????????? and if I spend the coin getting these fixed or rebuilt is it going to fix the problem ???? I always prefer to find whats wrong first then spend money to fix the actual problem

Paul

• Like 2