switch 11.00r24 to 12.00r24 on b61sx

Is this a good idea? the tires seam to be much more available and cheaper. would i need different rims? It looks like they might have an interfeerance with the front fender( i don't have any 12.00 laying around to check).

i havent called the local guy i use yet.but just doing a google search i came up with anywhere from $770 for bridgestone m840 to $375 for china tires. The sailun s917 looked interesting at $525. Even though they are china tires i have used sailun tires on trailers ( 10.00r15and 215/75r17.5) before and had sucess with them. Anyway i would probally get new bridgestone or goodyears up front and put used tires on the drives. if they will fit without much hassle.

Is this a good idea? the tires seam to be much more available and cheaper. would i need different rims? It looks like they might have an interfeerance with the front fender( i don't have any 12.00 laying around to check).

The 11x24's will be about one inch from the fender on the bottom, 12's closer. Mack made a fender for this application with a little more clearance at the bottom, it has a P2 or P3 in the suffix of the part number. In the late 80's the parts system had about 6-7 of these, when I got them some were standard b model fenders. I also got a B model that had one of these fenders on one side. (noticed the difference putting on the front flaps).

FW

wow seriously? Mack made different wheel well openings for a B61sx?? learn something everyday. thought I knew it all about B models haha. as wrenchin a 53' B61LT the other day. it has checkerboard fuel tanks instead of Diamond plate and the tanks are welded to the brackets, from the factory. even the fuel tank brackets are different. instead of the 2 oval shaped holes top and bottom, these ones have 4- 3'' or so holes drilled in the back and bottom and the brackets have nuts welded to them and the bolts come thru from the inside of the frame. never saw such an animal and its factory, no fuel tank straps....

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

It didn't seem right to me either (12s being cheaper) but all of the prices i saw online were at least 700 for 11.00r24. Thanks for the inforamation about the fenders. thats how mine look with the elevens (about an inch away). Would anyone have some photos of a b61 with twelve hundred tires on the would care to share?

Don't forget different tire brands of the same size actually have different diameters ,in my experience good year is one of the largest and continental is one of the smallest and the difference could be quite a bit.

I put 12R24´s in place of 10.5-24´s and the last were much larger.

Although it was not a B Mack.

For the best you should come to a shop and measure up an actual tire.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012