Bring that ole Dog Home to the Mid South Jake !!

Sounds like He needs to buy an empty Spray bottle & a big bottle of Pine Sol & Spray in the Cab for AIr Freshner . ;)

Have a Safe Ride Home bud .

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

CF used them (wedge brakes) into the '80's.........maybe later. J-U-N-K in my book. You hear about 1 pro, to 100 cons when it comes to the damn things. Anyway, nice F, Mike!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I bought a steer axle out from under an ex Waste Management DM that was in the late 80's, and it had wedges. Apparently they spec'd their trucks with wedges on the steer and cams on the back. What were the pro(s) on those things, Al? I've never heard anything good about them.

Jake

Jake,I guess they do have more surface area contact than a cam brake and are a few pounds lighter. I had them on a Ford LNT-8000 (steer axle).The adjusters were prone to rusting (especially anywhere calcium chloride and salt are used).Then you would get one side working harder than the other,and it pull you sideways in a panic stop. I guess I didn't take the time to figure them out,only wanted to replace them with cam brakes (better) and be done with it. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA