Boston fire

MADDOG93

I have been listening to the radio comms live. Engine Company 33 was trapped for a time and removed in a heroic effort by Rescue 1 and other companies. All member are accounted for at this time. One member transported in cardiac arrest. Does not sound good for him. All members removed from the building, in a defensive mode at this time, and the fourth floor has collapsed into the third floor. Boston Fire has instituted a recall of all off-duty members and multiple mutual aid companies are in the City of Boston manning BFD firehouses.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

IT IS WITH DEEP REGRET, That the City of Boston, Ma. Fire Department announces the line of duty deaths of Lieutenant Edward J. Walsh of Engine Company 33, and Firefighter Michael R. Kennedy, of Ladder Company 15; who gave their lives in the supreme sacrifice as a result of injuries sustained while operating at box 9-9-1579 (Beacon & Exeter Streets) at 298 Beacon Street. Godspeed to the fallen, their families and their coworkers.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

How sad,most likely it was a vacant building.My brother in law was a FF in the Baltimore city FD,and was involved in a fire about 30 years that 7 fellow brothers died.My prayers go out to the families.God Bless.

When i was watching the news at our firehouse i believe they said it was a apartment building.

Matt