Mack Canada

keg1

Does anyone know if the old Mack plant in Canada was across from the Ford plant. I used to go by it about 20 years ago. I ran a couple loads of plastic pipe up this week and nothing looks familiar. The building I think it was says Ups Supply Chain on it.

Thanks I thought that was probably where it was. I can't remember for sure but I think we used to go on 403 and when you came back it was on the right at the QEW. We have a lot of pipe going to North York and another yard up 427 somewhere, haven't been there yet.

• Like 1

So the plant was at Oakville. I don't remember it being there but when it was I was a kid and probably didn't notice it. But I know the area where you guys are talking about I've been past there hundreds of times just didn't realize it.. Just a stones throw from you Bobo. What models did they build there and what years? The plant must have been history back in the 70's I've heard of Mack's being built there but don't remember it in my time.

I had 2 Canadian built Macks. My '79 R612ST and '90 RD690S. Both great trucks. The local MACK dealer told me a bunch of his customers would request their trucks be built in Oakville. R.I.P. Oakville Operations.

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Kinda sounds like Freightliner in St Thomas. A lot of guys preferred the St Thomas built Freightliners over ones built elsewhere it became a Sterling plant when Daimler bought Fords Heavy Truck Division and Freightliner moved to Louisville but St Thomas was closed a few years later because of union and the exchange on the US Canadian dollar difference played a big role also. And International Harvester in Chatham fell victim to the same, now they're made in Mexico. I don't think there are any Trucks built in Canada anymore. There's getting to be less cars built here to for that matter.

• 1 month later...

Does a glider have a chassis number stamped on a frame?

One of my R's has both rails mark-free.

Maybe re-railing? But they are painted in the original frame color, almost like the everything about the chassis.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012