F MODELS

jake

Holy Mack truckaronie when they put that white X on houses out here in the Newark NJ area they wreck em!!

Bullhusk

That's what I thought too. Out there it must mean save em. There was an old Frieghtliner parked next to them that had the big white X too.

post-770-0-94441100-1396611573_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice,Jake. Tachographs & everything! What are the chances of finding 1 let alone 2 indentical F models in decent shape like that? You must be livin' right,Jake! :twothumbsup:

Looks Good!

Thanks guys. Just lucky I guess. Jake

Could these be possible old Overnite tractors as it looks like some Overnite grey paint coming thru plus we had few that had old signalstat markers on the......are they 300's with a straight 5 speed and do they have tachograph clocks instead of speedometer.....

• Like 1

Yes Bobby they sure must be. They are straight 5 speeds and I believe they are 300's. I haven't had the cabs up yet. Under the red paint I can see traces of grey with blue on the bottom. The horn button on one says, "Custom Built For Overnite Transportation Co. They are 1976 models and the guy I bought them from said they originally came from out east. Can you tell me anything about them? Jake

Jake.... The tractors probably were sold out of Richmond va. Atlanta ga. Charlotte nc. All of the old f-model sleepers were team trucks. Not much room in them for two people I know. Best I remember they had 3.65 rears. They all had trans governor that engaged in fifth gear....you could ease gear stick outta fifth and then about half way back in to override the governor then they would run like a scalded ape. If you look at top of glass on tachograph you probably can see where drivers sanded them to put clock block in them to hold speedometer needle at 55mph. They all had weed burner exhaust, asf fifth wheel some of them had 237 but mostly 300's with the tip-turbine fan. Overnite got rid of all of them in the late eighty's to early nineties when they went to white conventuals. In my opinion some of the best tractors we had

• Like 2

The owner said they ran good but he bought them, drove them home and parked them. He told me that when we pick them up, plan on spending the day because he had lots to show us. He said he had over a hundred farm tractors in his collection.

So what else did you see there ?

So what else did you see there ?

PZ1, He had a lot of stuff. Mostly older farm tractors, trucks, cars, and snowmobiles. I didn't see any more Macks. I walked around and took a few pictures.

post-770-0-10271600-1396699388_thumb.jpg

post-770-0-01507800-1396699411_thumb.jpg

post-770-0-67996100-1396699435_thumb.jpg

post-770-0-60654600-1396699465_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That top picture is an early Polaris Sno-Traveller. A family in our town of Crystal Falls,Mi. had one of these wooden-tracked machines. Super rare in my book. Cool pics,Jake!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...