Pumping a 237 to a 300

I would like to get some opinions on pumping my 74 RD from a 237 to a 300. The guy that does some work for me says he can do that by changing the injector pump and adding the 300 air cleaner system. He said he has done a lot of them and wants about $ 4000.00 to do this. This change will use more fuel

but will it harm the engine ? Thanks RZX

The early 237s didn't have the heavier rods that the 285-300s had, the early 237 blocks might not hold up like the 300s do also. like Mike said its not worth 4 grand. im pretty sure I have seen 300s and 350s cheaper than that awhile back on here in the classifieds

• Like 1

As long as the the 300 is a Maxidyne (not just an E6-300,but an EM6-300 or ENDT676).Any of the 350's were always a Econodyne or conventional torque rise engine,which won't be a good match for the 5 speed, as you'll be lugging the snot out of it.Lugging is saved for the Maxidyne! :bulldog1:

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 2 weeks later...