Serial number

Funny how he all think it would be better somewhere else .  I actually had a 1970 Chev pickup from Charlotte . It was totally rust free . I thought it must be amazing to live in a place where things don't rot away from salt . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keith 

9 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

It happens,,, and the 3- 24 months later,,,,   :)   You did your part.. always good to see you post..  jojo

and then 15 years later someone will mine the thread and as if the one post wonder wants to sell it.  😁

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

15 hours ago, 85snowdog said:

I see the poster that asked this question never came back . But I wanted to help shed a little more light on it for you . 

The first number 6 you got right . The 59 is the engine code . From my list from BMT , its a Cummins NHRS6B/320 . I honestly don't know what that is ,lol . Hopefully you can help in that department . 

You got everything else right , as far as I know . The ST at the end of the number means a little more than twin screw . The "S" means twin screw . The "T" means it was built to be a tractor . 

A guy named "Cam" on the ATHS forum says that the NHRS6B is a supercharged 743 cid engine, but supposedly they quit putting them in trucks in the '60s so maybe not the right engine code for this truck. If it's a '79 it should have an 855 Cummins.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, 85snowdog said:

I see the poster that asked this question never came back . But I wanted to help shed a little more light on it for you . 

The first number 6 you got right . The 59 is the engine code . From my list from BMT , its a Cummins NHRS6B/320 . I honestly don't know what that is ,lol . Hopefully you can help in that department . 

You got everything else right , as far as I know . The ST at the end of the number means a little more than twin screw . The "S" means twin screw . The "T" means it was built to be a tractor . 

Ya know it's another case of "live and learn" ;; all the new trucks i prep and worked on. never put 2&2  together with the ST vs S . a twin screw chassis usually long wheel base  was an S  signifying a straight truck  while the typical tractor (twin screw ) had the ST. 50 plus yrs later and the ole Polack is still learning. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2022 at 11:26 AM, h67st said:

A guy named "Cam" on the ATHS forum says that the NHRS6B is a supercharged 743 cid engine, but supposedly they quit putting them in trucks in the '60s so maybe not the right engine code for this truck. If it's a '79 it should have an 855 Cummins.

That makes this an interesting "U" model .  Too bad the poster never came back . 

Thanks for the info 

Keith 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:03 PM, mechohaulic said:

Ya know it's another case of "live and learn" ;; all the new trucks i prep and worked on. never put 2&2  together with the ST vs S . a twin screw chassis usually long wheel base  was an S  signifying a straight truck  while the typical tractor (twin screw ) had the ST. 50 plus yrs later and the ole Polack is still learning. 😁

Thats why I wanted to reply to your question . Your like me , always willing to learn more .  

• Like 1

Keith