Dynamat helps but to get the noise level down you really need a thick pad 1 or 2" thick to go under the floor and of the firewall. We just did a r model that I drive with dynamat on the floor,roof and rear wall. ( still need to do The firewall.) it helped some but it is nowhere near as quiet as my rs700 with a thick insulation pad on the floor and firewall. Search for the stuff used on generator boxes to quiet them down.

• Like 1

look up dynamat online, you can get it from several places, its a little different than the roofing material but close, http://www.dynamat.com/products_intro.html I have used it on a couple trucks and it works great, you have to do the firewall and floor for engine and road noise and the back wall and roof for exhaust noise. I used two layers of the Dynamat extreme in the past but now they have the dynaliner, I plan to put one layer of dynamat extreme then a layer of 1/4" dynaliner on the floor and firewall and the ceiling and back wall will get a layer of dynamat extreme and the ceiling will get a 1/2" dynaliner. It aint cheap but it works freakin great and it stops the rattles and squeeks too.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Just keep in mind the dynamat or roof flashing does not stop noise from coming into the truck what it does is stop the metal from vibrating, just knock on the outside of your door and you will hear that hollow sound and after applying the dynamat you will have a nice solid sound,also a big help if the cab has some interior padding to absorb the sound waves that are bouncing around. The best sound deadener insulating material is sold in the marine stores like west marine, think its called sound down or something like that,it pricy but the best out there..good luck

[]I'm about to start on my interior as well. I paint luxury cars for a living and they all have versions of Dynamat in them from factory. We use the same thing only it is made by a company called Kent. It is the same thickness and is way cheaper than Dynamat. I am going to use a spray in silly string insulator on back cab and roof because it will still flex and is very durable. Most cars have it inder wheelhouses but it is not undercoating. I am also going to coat floor and firewall with a product called Lizard Skin. It is ceramic insulation and sound deadoning thick roll on coating followed by Kent version of Dynamat. that should reduce interior cab noise by about 50%

Has anyone used Dynamat or some other sound deadner under the hood on a B Model. Seems like there is a lot of noise and vibration going on there. I am not sure how well it would stick.

They make an underhood material, get on their website.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"