General mack question.

Randy mckinney

If it is a late model truck (1990 and newer), you can get the VRI (Vehicle Record Index) from your local dealer. This will provide you with arrangement numbers.

If it is older you contact the Mack Museum. The Museum is the best place to get COMPLETE build info on your truck. The Museum does this free of charge but a donation is in order. http://www.macktrucks.com/default.aspx?pageid=40

Neither one will provide specific part number info. To get individual part numbers, you will need to order a parts book from your local dealer however it is very expensive.

http://www.macktrucks.com/default.aspx?pageid=449

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Is there a way to run vin# to get all info on truck(build sheet) so in future i know what is in my truck so i can order parts if so were is the info on truck and were do u look up the numbers.

Assuming it's an old truck, and you have the vin off the frame...

Call the Mack museum. Or, you can email them. The contact info is on their website.

They can send you the build sheet. It's invaluable information. It may not break everything down, but it ususally has enough detail to get you headed in the right direction.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

Not sure how new they can go. Newer stuff is usually available through the dealer system.

I've tried a few times, but they are always too busy.....or some other bs excuse....same with our office staff. I ask, they say they'll dig them out, then it gets forgotten.....frustrating

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 2 weeks later...

10-4 Randy about getting parts at Wal-Mart easier! We had a great parts guy at our local MACK dealer.They sold out, evidently he & others got ticked off,and left.Everybody suffers now.Really knew his stuff too.As long as you had a part #(for the old MACKS),he would do his best to get that part in your hands, ASAP!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

10-4 Randy about getting parts at Wal-Mart easier! We had a great parts guy at our local MACK dealer.They sold out, evidently he & others got ticked off,and left.Everybody suffers now.Really knew his stuff too.As long as you had a part #(for the old MACKS),he would do his best to get that part in your hands, ASAP!

And, let's not forget our friends at Volvo, who abandoned the very elegant part numbering system Mack people had known and used for years in favor of their "global" numbering system which means........nothing, as far as I can see!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."