PA to Change Fuel Tax Structure

farmer52

Well it was bound to start somewhere, roads are falling apart and there's not enough money to fix em so fuel taxes are the best answer even if not the most accepted. I don't know about most of the Interstates in PA(its been a while) but if the stretch from Chattanooga TN to Mt Eagle on I24 is good for 70mph anything is.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

PA did not lease/sell the PA turnpike (IN leased the IN turnpike). There was discussion about making I-80 a toll road but that did not happen either.

Another article on taxes...

http://www.truckinginfo.com/news/story/2013/11/penn-governor-signs-new-transportation-funding-law-changing-fuel-taxes.aspx?utm_campaign=Headline-News-20131126&utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Enewsletter#.UpSjwgdnVbQ.email

39.2 c/gal on Diesel to 66 c/gal in 5 years....ouch!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

OK.... if they use the money for roads but with the guvment involved some of the money will go toward studying chipmunks or investigate the proper way to fly a kite.

I am glad "shovel ready" projects were handled so well.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I was listening to road dawg trucking on XM a couple weeks ago and they were talking about the PA turnpike and pay to play and some company from Australia trying to get it.

I was going to post the link but BMT wont let me

You may be right. There was some talk a few months ago but I have heard nothing recently. Hopefully this "tax increase" will stop any discussions.

OK.... if they use the money for roads but with the guvment involved some of the money will go toward studying chipmunks or investigate the proper way to fly a kite.

I am glad "shovel ready" projects were handled so well.

Yea, just like the lottery monies are to go to schools and elderly. If that is correct, why do my school taxes keep increasing and where is the money to help my mom (and other elderly people)?

Years ago, the PA turnpike was "self supporting". If so, what changed? (My guess is the STATE was "borrowing" money from the PTC.)

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ct enacted the fuel tax here which is high compared to surrounding states but anyways it was suppose to pay for fixing all the roads which we need and they took the money and put it in the "general fund" for welfare, and all that stuff. Needless to say the republicans wanted to get rid of the tax last year because very little money went to the actual reason. The democrats jumped right up and made a big stink about they created it so why do they want to get rid of it and walked completely around the part about none of it gos to construction projects.

Matt

Randy it's simple , just put a 671 screaming Detroit in there and your good friend Obama will give you a tax brake. How's your blood pressure now !

It's mind over matter. I don't mind, because you don't matter.

And it aint the Thunder Pumpkin that robs my wallet dry (well, ok in the summer yes....) it's the 5.3L under the hood of the Z71 Silverado and my heavy right foot.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Jerseys getting like that with all the other BS! I used to be able to paint cars in my own garage without benefit of a EPA approved downdraft paintbooth,haz-mat suit,fresh air re-circulation devices etc. getting to be now you can't do much of anything without "big brother" checking in and telling you what you can and can't do! Jersey is one of the few states prohibiting self-service gas,yet usually the price and taxes are some of the lowest in the country! go figger!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.