Cruiseliner Aerodyne?

There was an outfit in the late '70's that made an aerodyne roof for just about any current cabover of the day.I always remember the Bekins F-model (aerodyne roof) from Iowa that was featured in OVERDRIVE.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I don't know ws721,it looks like it was installed right.Just looks kinda funky to me( knowing it should be on a KW). But hey, if you like it and find it interesting,thats ok too!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

LOL. I hear ya. It is rather funky. If it were closer id drive down to look. Itching to know what the inside looks like. Oh well. Good thing I don't win the lottery, cuz Id have the biggest collection of strange COE's ever assembled. :banana:

• Like 2

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

• 2 months later...

Mark

Fagoel did make a COE on the IH chassis for D-C trucking in the 50's with the 549 Gas burner in it. I do not have a picture in my collection to post of it.

The picture you posted is not one of them due to the recessed windshield tops and door hinges being too far forward. But it still might have some Fagoel origins???

• Like 1

Brocky

Almost looks like the roof of an old JB Hunt Navistar grafted to that MH,Vlad.

Pretty shure, Al.

There's alot of those sand-colored beasts overhere, they were the firsts who came on our roads from overseas. Most of them are bet to death now.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Almost looks like the roof of an old JB Hunt Navistar grafted to that MH,Vlad.

If I'm not mistaken, that is actually the prototype COE "Prosleeper" that was at IHC's design center on Meyer Rd in Ft Wayne/New Haven IN. The Prosleeper was the "flatfloor" COE. I had the opportunity to be in that truck during a benchmarking session. JB Hunt, at the time, had IHC wrapped around their little finger to the point that they could demand that certain IHC employees be relocated to Arkansas to be closer to Hunt's corporate HQ. This truck was almost completely assembled with cotter pins, duct tape & velcro because it was a prototype and they were moving and fitting everything where they could. It wasn't surprising at all that a prototype would be in Hunt livery at the time but it was only a year or so later that Freightliner got their foot in the door at both Hunt & Schneider and that pretty well spelled doom for IHC as they had put a lot of their eggs in those two baskets.

Im not a fan either but then again im a fan of unusual trucks anyway. That MH does look like an IH 9000 series top. Hopefully we will be adding another Cruiseliner to the ranks soon. Then we have to get the very rare Astro going. To many trucks not enough time/money

Remember if it's got a hood it's no good!

Mark

Your picture in the earlier post is definitely of an early 50's Fageol - Twin Coach tractor confirmed by Jeff the What Am I guy on Just Old Trucks. If you look at the picture of the moving vans close you will see some of the inset windshields. Here is a picture of the Denver Chicago one from the mid 50's. Yes Fageol did use IH running gear in most of them.

post-10459-0-47347100-1392161862_thumb.j

post-10459-0-70055600-1392161892_thumb.j

• Like 2

Brocky

ws721,

That is cool you and your brother are the "cabover kings" and are working to preserve that element of trucking history! Somebody has to do it! I commend you guys and understand totally the "too many trucks,not enough $$$$ aspect". Good luck with all your "no-hoods"! Al