The ole Ram still doing it's job

Timothy Maikshilo

Um, the flatbed Superliner looks like its wanting a load of wood too.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Good ole 360. A buddy of mine had a ram 2500 4x4 witha 360 in high school. Good reliable monster it was. Got a good laugh pulling him out of the mud with my 88 jeep yj 4.2l tho..... Ha. Still makes me smile lol

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Here's my old 1988 taken yesterday at the job site with the Swamp Cat. Works every day. V6, New Process 4 speed. P.S. and a Heater period.. Paul

swamp6_zps14153c39.jpg

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Good to see these old Dodges still earning their keep. My late dad's 1990 D150 Club Cab (36K miles) has a 360 engine. When he ordered the truck I talked him into opting for the bigger engine. Always liked the 360...basically a stroked 318. This one has a 4speed OD automatic and the engine has a throttle body rather than a carburetor.

Maybe someone here can help with an issue. On a warm day, the engine seems to idle rich and you can smell gasoline. But it runs great on the highway. I had the local garage check for codes and there are none. He suggested new plugs, wires, rotor, and distributor cap (still original ones) which I replaced but no difference. I am thinking a sticky EGR valve. Would this cause it to run rich? Other suggestions? Thanks!

The manifold absolute pressure sensor was changed at one time. Would this cause the rich idle?

Since it is a low mileage original, I thought about sprucing it up and taking it to truck/car shows. Another project "on the list".

UPDATE:

Some of you have seen the D150 but here it is again....

There are 2 temperature sensors, 1 for the gauge and one for the cold start circuit, if the cold start temp sensor is bad or lazy , it will stay in a rich setting and dump fuel ,kind of the fuel injection version of a sticky choke. Won't set any codes but you can pull up the reading on a scanner or do an ohm check. Also do a vacuum check of your fuel pressure regulator , the diaphragm goes and it dumps fuel Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

There are 2 temperature sensors, 1 for the gauge and one for the cold start circuit, if the cold start temp sensor is bad or lazy , it will stay in a rich setting and dump fuel ,kind of the fuel injection version of a sticky choke. Won't set any codes but you can pull up the reading on a scanner or do an ohm check. Also do a vacuum check of your fuel pressure regulator , the diaphragm goes and it dumps fuel Paul

Thanks for the info. I will do some checks.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

My pickup is not a Dodge, but the trailer is. Someone took a 1950 Dodge pickup and made it into a trailer. They bent the frame rails together and attached the tongue. It still has the axles and pumpkin, the yoke spins as you drive down the road. You can hit the steel with a hammer and it won't even leave a mark. I figure with both bodies heaped full I'm hauling 1/2 a cord.

post-2179-0-33503500-1384707850_thumb.jp

post-2179-0-35436600-1384707865_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I showed my friend the picture of farmer52s' Dodge. His appears to be identical except it's 4WD. We'd like to see more of farmers' if he has any.

Thanks for the pics of your friend's Dodge. Does it have the 360?

The truck is in "winter storage". I will clean it in the spring and take some more pics. The pickup has a solid bench seat (gray interior with no carpet), 4spd OD auto, sure-grip, A/C, and AM/FM/cassette. I have the window sticker at the farm, will scan and send. It still has the original tires but are starting to dry rot bad. I plan to get new tires in the spring. Also thinking about locating a set of the optional aluminum wheels which will likely be difficult. Even with the OD transmission, it only achieved about 15mpg on-highway....a real gas hog.

Ken

Ken, your Dad's truck looks as if it's on the way to a show in that photo. What "sprucing up" would it need beyong a little soap and water?

Actually it is dirty in the picture. There are a few door dings in the driver's side. The worst part of the truck is the chrome. It is discolored and checked. It sat in a dirt floored shed all its life. The frame, etc. shows some light surface rust but there is NO body rust. I don't remember it being driven in the winter. I thought about paying someone to detail the truck.

Ken

The truck is in "winter storage". I will clean it in the spring and take some more pics. The pickup has a solid bench seat (gray interior with no carpet), 4spd OD auto, sure-grip, A/C, and AM/FM/cassette. I have the window sticker at the farm, will scan and send. It still has the original tires but are starting to dry rot bad. I plan to get new tires in the spring. Also thinking about locating a set of the optional aluminum wheels which will likely be difficult. Even with the OD transmission, it only achieved about 15mpg on-highway....a real gas hog.

Ken,there is an outfit that is always at fall Hershey and Carlisle with a trailer load of take-off OEM wheels,i can't recall their name,but Paul (41 Chevy) may know who i'm talking about. They always have some pretty obscure stuff! Might just have the wheels you're looking for....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Ken,there is an outfit that is always at fall Hershey and Carlisle with a trailer load of take-off OEM wheels,i can't recall their name,but Paul (41 Chevy) may know who i'm talking about. They always have some pretty obscure stuff! Might just have the wheels you're looking for....................Mark

Mark, thanks for the suggestion. I have on my list both Hershey and Carlisle (MOPARs in July) but never seem to find time to attend....maybe 2014. Both are about two (2) hours from the farm. I need to start planning the "show circuit" and marking the calendar for 2014.

Ken

Hersey gives out a list of venders ,what they sell and location at te fall meet. I'll get mine out and see who's on it. there was at least 4 there this year with odd wheels and such. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

The truck is in "winter storage". I will clean it in the spring and take some more pics. The pickup has a bench seat (gray interior with no carpet), 4spd OD auto, sure-grip, A/C, and AM/FM/cassette. I have the window sticker at the farm, will scan and send. It still has the original tires but are starting to dry rot bad. I plan to get new tires in the spring. Also thinking about locating a set of the optional aluminum wheels which will likely be difficult. Even with the OD transmission, it only achieved about 15mpg on-highway....a real gas hog.

Mines the same, 52000 miles, 3.9, New Process 3 speed with creeper low gear and PTO, Sure Grip with 4:10 gears, PS, PS, Heavy Duty Cooling System, 140 amp charging system and Heavy Duty Heater. Rubber and Vinyl interior, no radio, cigarette lighter or clock. I ordered it with Chrysler Imperial Pearl Grey so it was painted by people with lacquer and not robot painted with the acrylic. It saw snow once in 25 years last year. I just replaced the original tires on mine too. Mileage is like most about 9 around town and 14 /15 highway.

86e04c69-c1f9-437c-9461-a750e35a7da9_zps

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE