What Engine Do I Have?

Your best source is the Mack Museum (link below). Send them or call with your serial number and they will provide you with lots of information including the build/spec sheet. A "nice" donation is appropriate for their work. Takes 6-8 weeks but well worth the wait.

http://www.macktrucks.com/default.aspx?pageid=40

Pics of the engine would help with identifying the model.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Where can i find the engine codes for my Straight 6? and where can i find a Spec sheet on it? 1978 Mack F-700( i think cummings) sleeper with double tandems.

The engine could have been changed. what is the numbers after F-700????. 747 would have been 290 cummins or 767 if it had a 350 cummins. does it have an aftercooler.

It's the same as a Cummins only It's there 2 cycle and they call it a Cummings an is most alway found in the FWD fire trucks!!............Is there a problem ????.....LOL just kiddin!!

BULLHUSK

Hmmmm interesting.....If it's a 2-stroke I should have heard it......so should have the whole world.....And smelled it.....from 4 miles away.......and felt it....as I fall on my ass from slipping in the pee it leaves behind.........

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

EMD still makes 2 strokes in the US, cant fit em in a truck but theyre made in the USA! lol

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Hmmm actually I wonder if you could build a truck around one of the newer EMD V8 diesels, they were probably about 4-5' tall and 5' long about 4' wide and weigh around 4000-5000lbs.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

645ci in, 10.57 liters per cylinder, I think itll fit, 9-1/16" bore x 11" stroke oughta be nice with 2100hp on tap at that 900 rpm red line.

I think Gray Marine (later became GM Detroit) an Fairbanks-Morse are the only US companys with 2 cy.

BULLHUSK

Gray Marine used Detroit's for their marine conversions, but I don't think there was any other connection. Winton was the engine company that GM bought out that became the EMD locomotive diesel and I assume it was their experience with those that led them to design a two stroke truck diesel.

The larger two stroke Detroit Diesels are still being made although I think it is done overseas now.