Had this big beast load me today

slpwlker

Too heavy for a 724k huh? I guess you didn't try to drag it then, were they over their 20k weight estimate?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

They put a lot more than 44 in those 20 footers. I pulled cans for a year and the heaviest were 20' loaded with marble, granite and copper pipe. I was always over 80k with those loads, only 40' over gross I pulled was hardwood for export (around 85-90k) and a magnet wire machine brought in from Japan. I was running 98,000 with that one, nobody else would pull it but the ol E9, with 44 camelback rears and 4.42's didn't even notice.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

well theyre only 10k over then your around 50k lt wt aren't ya, 30k for the box and load aint bad, hell that skid is probably 5k.

well theyre only 10k over then your around 50k lt wt aren't ya, 30k for the box and load aint bad, hell that skid is probably 5k.

Since I didn't get a chance to get a new empty weight. I am going with my old one of 57k. Still heavier then 20k

10-4

had a 40 ft can one time,,had about 60 G,s worth of tuna on it.lol...was grunting and groaning only moved it around 30 miles from port,,,no scales,,,they generally load the piss outa those things...bob

that's right Bob, i've seen them load the same 13 pallet load of kyanite that we haul in a 20' container. It weighs about 46,000 lbs. They had to double stack some pallets,crammed it in there,and then had to push the doors in with the forklift to get them closed.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yeah that Mack is heavy alright, I bet it rides like crap with solid rear suspension, those could be 44k rears with 8 bolt cone axles, I don't remember what the 58k rears look like on the ends, I bet the NY guys do though.

When did they go to the 8 and 10 bolt axles is it 65k or over that, or did they do away with them and go back to 8 bolt? I posted above they could be 44's without thinking 44's are 6 bolts not 8, I think the 58's are 8 bolt now but I know ive seen some 10 bolts somewhere.

The extra rib on the center of each spoke indicates 65's I believe as the 58's don't have that. But still how do you tell with Budd rims?

The heavy cone cap with Budd wheels on Mack hard bar indicate 65K rears. If it had camel back springs then 58K or 65K. If the caps are flat with 6 bolts then they would be less 55K & below.

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

The heavy cone cap with Budd wheels on Mack hard bar indicate 65K rears. If it had camel back springs then 58K or 65K. If the caps are flat with 6 bolts then they would be less 55K & below.

I knew somebody would have the info.

I didn't notice until today that it had a 425 for a tag axle tire, the drives look taller than the 425, they have to be 12.00R 24's, Michelin shows them at 49" tall, the 425 XZY Michelin shows to be 44", I bet those Michelin 12.00R24's aren't cheap but you gotta pay if you wanna play I guess.