mack 9 speed transmition reverse raitos, versus 18 speed

michaelmunro7

If a 18 speed transition has about 28:1 in reverse then am I able to change my 9 speed internals to achieve that same bull gear reverse of the 18 speed, assuming the main boxes are the same, maybe by changing the counter shafts or a gear or two. Ps any comments on how would be great

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to go back to another thread on the T2090 and it would not allow me to post? just kept saying that it was saving the post?

Anyways, I picked up a MH with the T2090 and it shifts just fine but when sitting there idling the tranny sure has some clunking noise to it. Pulled the plug and no signs of metal. is this a common noise?

I had an MH with an E9 400 I bought for parts a few years back and it had a 9 speed Mack tranny it shifted good was good going down the road but it made a clunking noise too when the truck sat idling. I never found anything in the oil in it either, maybe it's just the nature of them.

When you ask about ratios which transmissions are you talking about, the Maxitorque T309 has a 13.31 low reverse and the T309LR has a 24.24, the T318 has a 15.91 and the T318LR has a 28.98, I cant find my info on the T2090.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"