Just brought home a Superliner

I was browsing for parts on CL and end up driving home a 1980 Superliner. Model RWS747LST It currently has a Cummins 350 Big Cam and a 10 speed. It could use the fluids changed and the tires are getting a bit old. The rear brakes and drums are very new. Has a new pintle hitch assembly. Has a few air leaks I will be fixing but the truck runs and drives good for the age. It will likely be looking for a new home in the future so if anyone out here around Washington is interested send me a message. I am not interested in parting it out.

post-10749-0-52791200-1381119805_thumb.j

post-10749-0-09306000-1381119813_thumb.j

post-10749-0-88424000-1381119820_thumb.j

post-10749-0-91448200-1381119832_thumb.j

I am not sure yet because I would like to make a little for my time. I am not sure how much additional cash I will have in it before someone comes over to drive it home. I found a few air leaks I am going to fix and the fluids need to be changed. Lets say it will be going for under $4500 but how far below that price will be depending on how much I spend fixing it up.

Well crap Im in the trailer buying mood and your too far away, I would buy that truck for $4000 no problem, its a Superliner 1 with what a =ppears to be a solid cab, basic interior and a very reliable Cummins engine. I think you did great, I doubt I could sell it if I had under $4500 in it, it would have to eat a lot to make it onto my for sale list.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I would be more interested in keeping it if it was set up with a Mack engine/trans and axles. I want to someday have an all Mack Superliner Dump truck. Today after work I changed out the alternator with an extra I had.because it was not charging. New alt. belts. Fixed one air leak. Load tested all four batteries and cleaned the connections. Tomorrow I figure I will change the motor oil/filters and chase down any other small air leaks I can find.

• 3 weeks later...