MH E9 starting problems

My MH E9 start to having issues starting. I replaced the ignition switch in the dash,but still have no luck getting it started. I check the following:

Checked terminal connections on batteries. have power all batteries are in good shape

Checked starter motor, when bridged the poles on the starter directly it will spin but NOT :idunno: engage the flywheel

I think its a loose wire because two times the truck will start when wiggling the key ignition. However i do not have any luck since know its not doing any thing.

HELLPPPPP I'm not a mechanic by trade so any advice is welcome. :(

Find your starter solenoid (looks just like one for a older ford pickup) on a r/dm their on the firewall but on a mh im not sure where its mounted. Take a screwdriver and jump between the battery hot post and the post with the little wire from the key switch. If she fires right up your promblim is most likely either key switch is going bad, connection on the back of the switch going to the solenoid, or the solenoid connection. If you jump it over and it wont start but you can jump between the two big posts on the solenoid ( gonna need two screwdrivers or pliers with coated handles) and she fires up then your solenoid is likely bad.

Ok I check to terminal switches at the fuse box at the passenger site. When you turn the switch it make a clicking sound and have power.is there a starter solenoid under the dash on the driver site as well? Spoke with barry today real ice helpful guy. Put me with the mechanic told me also to check the harness coming out of the cab driver site. There is a connection plug he told me to check.

I will keep trouble shooting and asking questions if stock will report tomorrow my findings.

We located the solenoid under the cab on the drivers site in a black plastic box. One cable was loose on the top solenoid and if we bridge the bottom solenoid the truck fores wright up. I will replace them both at this time since the housing cover on to top one is loose. also will clean it up since there is a lot of dirt in the box. :notworthy::twothumbsup::SMOKIE-RT:

post-11018-0-96540300-1380133664_thumb.j

• Like 2

We located the solenoid under the cab on the drivers site in a black plastic box. One cable was loose on the top solenoid and if we bridge the bottom solenoid the truck fores wright up. I will replace them both at this time since the housing cover on to top one is loose. also will clean it up since there is a lot of dirt in the box. :notworthy::twothumbsup::SMOKIE-RT:

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Sorry to steer you in the wrong direction, that's the junction box Mike and rw613 were talking about.

It was mounted on the gear shift tower.

Somewhere on here I thought i saw that it was a '93 and our last two MH's which were '93's had the starter solenoid up in the cab and no junction

box on the shift tower!

Sorry wasn't trying to make things confusing!

In the junction box on your truck there is a solenoid for the starter and the other thing should be a heavy duty circuit breaker.

I don't remember for sure what the rating was for the breaker but it was pretty high and was marked on the reset knob coming out of the other side

of the junction box.

It had to be manually reset if it was tripped.

Ron

Ron,no problem I have learned a lot the last couple days and apriciate al help a received from you guys. Even the boys off watts where lost. When we tilted the cab forward we noticed the box. I bought both so will install it in the morning. You guys are all great people out there that are willing to help or give advice. My next task will be the a/c unit to get it back working again.

Keep you posted on my endeavor

attachicon.gifphoto.JPG

Maybe I should "open the box" on the MH and take a look inside.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"