E7 400 and E9 400

hossein

Inline for the most part. Some beg to differ. Inline was easier to put barrels in and the V pump leaked if u changed the barrels and cranked it to hard.

Inline is better unless you ask JR Collins lol.

The 6 point v-pumps were the hard ones that leaked Mack Doctor. The 12 points were the better ones to put the 13's in and didnt leake.

ok ok sorry my stupid fingers got the better of me, an E9 450, im sure im making over 540 right now but well go for the Mack paperwork to go in the brochure. Bad Dog, if you have a chance go get it copied at a local copy shop that can make it look good and mail it to me, Ill send you a check or paypal or something for it.

post-2383-0-49795500-1379066707_thumb.jp

post-2383-0-01613100-1379066724_thumb.jp

post-2383-0-43284000-1379066742_thumb.jp

post-2383-0-53036000-1379066758_thumb.jp

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Display only or were they put in trucks with gold paint? Never seen one.

Well they had the european 530/560 ratings but I dont think I have ever seen a gold E9 in anything either. As for pumps it varies by who you ask, the inline Bosch is easier to get parts for and easier to modify for power so a lot of guys like them better, but the cam ramp rate is faster on the Ambac V pumps so Antrim says they make more power if they are set comparably to an inline pump all other things being equal. I am on my second V pump truck and I think they do great but I havent had a inline pump to make a one is better argument for myself.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

And yes 100% yes the E9 pulls better than an E7, if you have a stock E9 400hp and run it next to a stock E7 400 truck with equal weight and drag the E9 will walk away easily. I always thought Mack was a little on the conservative side with their ratings on the E9, my 84 E9 440hp had the 500hp turbo and a 10% over Ambac pump, I tweaked the governor a little and it rear wheel dynoed 566hp. If it was a 440 hp engine with 10% over fuel delivery that may make the hp numbers go up about 5% (yes the pump going up 10% is not hp, its fuel rate) and the 500hp turbo made very little extra boost and probably less than 10% more cfm so I would figure on making somewhere around 450-475 rwhp if the engine was actually making 440hp at the flywheel. My thinking was that 10% more fuel and air would let me gain between 5-10% more power 10% gain would make it 484hp at the flywheel, I dont know what the accepted hp loss for a Mack trtxl 1070 trans and 4.42 Mack rears is but Ill bet its not going to gain hp from the flywheel back.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Won't do that with any I've ever been around, my 84 E9 440 would just flat out leave a friends 475 hi torque cat that was uprated to 550 on hills. Actually I don't think I've ever heard that, I know my E7 400 wouldn't come close to my E9's and neither would my cranked up aset ai427 and it gave 475 and 550 Cats a run for their money.

Actually MHE9 just came back out of a CH with an Etech 400 he bought to replace his RW on the road. How bout it Ray, you think a good running E7 could out pull a good running E9, stock for stock?

• Like 1

our E9 500 would pull better than our 460xt but not by all that much. our e9 500 was a little over stock . it would hang in with 550 cats in its hey day but now we cant seem to make it run right it has an air throttle pedal and it just dont seem right. our mp 10 515 will rape it .

I forgot about the ch. we have a long up hill grade coming out of town, 2001 ch with e7 400 9 spd 3.90 rears, 22.5s flat to the floor I could run direct out but couldn't pull overdrive had to stay in direct. Now the E9 18spd 3.65 rears, 24 low. Same trailer and 3000lbs heavier I can pull over drive, now under stand I can do this with the E9 and I can keep it under 10 lbs of boost and the E7s flat to the floor, did it a couple times just to try to understand how easy the E9 was working, loaded and unloaded. And the E9 gets better MPG.

• Like 2

I didn't think you were to far off the gold E9 was a 540 or 560 or something like that

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And why was it gold not grey?

Could be just the angle of the photo,,,,,but with the Econovance on this V-Mac 2 pump,,,,,seems to have no room for the P/S pump

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Could be just the angle of the photo,,,,,but with the Econovance on this V-Mac 2 pump,,,,,seems to have no room for the P/S pump

I think this is the motor that was on display at the Hagerstown plant. I have been there once I think they said its the Austalian 610 v8 I believe

You can still get some V8 parts through mack. They are PAI but are still the bulldog parts just in a different box

PAI says they are going to keep making E9 parts and plan to add to their selection since Mack has not manufactured any parts for them in years.

• Like 1

theyre not all Mack parts in a PAI box, I have been getting theyre stuff for a few years and all the gaskets I have gotten are slightly different and no Mack stamp. You can tell they are aftermarket by the way they are just out of spec by a hair, they fit but not cut perfect like a Mack gasket. I bought some PAI parts for the valve train on an E7 and they were aftermarket PAI parts too, I have heard of other getting Mack parts in the boxes and I have once or twice but its been rare.