Ok, two questions. What is the difference between a b61 and a b63?

Second. I see that some of the tip turbine after-coolers have coolant inlets and others do not. Is this a horsepower thing or a date of production thing?

Did Mack ever produce a 350 horsepower tip turbine two valve engine? Sorry three questions.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

A B63 was a slightly heavier version of the B61,you saw them as dumps and other heavier uses.They were phased out in 1958,when Mack started offering the SX version of the B61.

The later tip turbine intercoolers were water cooled,thats why the coolant lines.

Yes,there was a 2 valve tip turbine 350,If memory serves me right,it was originally called the ENDT678,later became a E6-350.

I would really like to put together a B63 350hp. . . to run ≈ 20k a year... think it would be great fun!

IT sounds like fun but I have a B61 with a 315hp 13 speed, air ride, cruise control, XM satelite radio, air conditioning, jake brake, air ride seats, and a sleeper. I go to Macungie every year 700 miles one way from home, when I get home I don't want to see that old truck for a while. I cant imagine running 20k a year, good luck. Ron

• Like 1

IT sounds like fun but I have a B61 with a 315hp 13 speed, air ride, cruise control, XM satelite radio, air conditioning, jake brake, air ride seats, and a sleeper. I go to Macungie every year 700 miles one way from home, when I get home I don't want to see that old truck for a while. I cant imagine running 20k a year, good luck. Ron

Its really that uncomfortable? Much more than an old R model?

I have a small delivery business and always thought an old B would help with business....

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

12 yrs ago, I thought it would be fun to use my B model to pull my race trailer. Now I wished I had kept my F350. It was "fun", now it's a job and don't look forward to it near as much as I did 12 yrs ago. I go about 5K miles a year.

I keep thinking more motor will make it more bearable?? It gets me there, but sure is not the most comfortable thing. As I get older, I want "comfortable". The "attaboys" and "that's cool" don't cover the aches and pains.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"