White Corporation 4WD Tractors

farmer52

Stout looking tractor. I would never have recognized the one in Pa. as being one of those, I thought it was the front end of an IH. Never paid much attention to it at first, I was shooting for the MH.

Now you know the "rest of the story". Two (2) rare vehicles sitting side by side.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

What? There isn 't a field big enough in North Branford to turn one of those around. :whistling:

He has 2 actually. The other is a International. My dad was standing next to it and he had to give it a shot of either so it would start in 80+ degree weather. Pretty cool to watch plow a field since it has a straight pipe and just keeps going. I know my dad said when he use to plow fields with one a little bigger he never got stuck. and only a 1/4 of NB is houses the other 1/4 is farms and the other 1/2 is owned by the RWA and is a lake

• Like 1

Matt

Red horse we up in your neck of the woods Saturday we had to pick up a D-M 800 with 12.24 with several winches on the back with a gin pole .It took almost 4 hours to fit it on the low bed .There where a lot of picture takers land and Hi-way . At least the D M-800 was the same color as the superliner you will be seeing pictures soon and videos.

Ed

Just think of all the tobacco field and veggie fields that have sprouted house in that area. My grandparents lived in Longmeadow and would take me through the countryside on drives. Back when Rt 5 was a BIG road!

Lot less countryside in general.

Wendy's, Home Depot, mall,.....Wendy's, Home Depot, mall, ...... Wendy's, Home Depot, mall.......

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Red horse we up in your neck of the woods Saturday we had to pick up a D-M 800 with 12.24 with several winches on the back with a gin pole .It took almost 4 hours to fit it on the low bed .There where a lot of picture takers land and Hi-way . At least the D M-800 was the same color as the superliner you will be seeing pictures soon and videos.

EJ- next time you are on a road trip call me-What town?

He has 2 actually. The other is a International. My dad was standing next to it and he had to give it a shot of either so it would start in 80+ degree weather. Pretty cool to watch plow a field since it has a straight pipe and just keeps going. I know my dad said when he use to plow fields with one a little bigger he never got stuck. and only a 1/4 of NB is houses the other 1/4 is farms and the other 1/2 is owned by the RWA and is a lake

Just busting them Matt. Conn. not noted for big FWD's-at least in my days. My uncles were weekend warrior farmers in Hamden, North Haven and Wallingford using 8N's!. Fields in back of my house as a kid were all Farmal.

I use to run a International with 11 bottom plow for Koguts nursery when they bought all the tobacco fields in Enfield Conn. That DT 466 would pull an bark no muffler .They told me if you see a field that needs to be plow plow it. Its probably ours.

To this and J Hancock's point-my sister lived in Simsbury for 50 years till they needed a house on one floor and moved to Bloomfield. But in both towns, still some shade grown tobacco but the nursery stock business seems to have taken over. There is one lot in Simsbury that looks like it has about 10 loading dock positions-thats a lot of outbound shrubs.

No doubt- a lot of development between McMansions and office parks but still a lot of agriculture of one form or another going on. Including tobacco-but for sure that I would say is the minor use now.

Ken,i meant to ask you earlier when you started this thread,are these tractors associated with the same WHITE that built the trucks? just curious....................................Mark

White Motor Corporation of Cleveland, Ohio had a long history of truck manufacturing. On November 1, 1960, White Motor acquired Oliver, changedhe name to Oliver Corporation, and made it a wholly owned, separately operating subsidiary of the White Motor Corporation.[19]

White also acquired Cockshutt Farm Equipment of Canada in February, 1962, and it was made a subsidiary of Oliver Corporation. Cockshutt had also previously in 1928, marketed tractors made by Hart-Parr and again from 1934 through the late 1940s, marketed tractors made by Oliver, only changing the paint color to red, and changing the name tags to Cockshutt.

Minneapolis-Moline became a wholly owned subsidiary of White Motor Corporation in 1963. The Minneapolis-Moline line was blended into that of Oliver until there was virtually no difference between them.

In 1960, the new four-digit tractor models appeared. Among them were the 1600, 1800 and 1900 models. In 1969 White Motor Corporation formed White Farm Equipment Company, almost immediately after a transitional period when virtually identical tractors were marketed under different trade names. A few models were sold as Oliver, Minneapolis, or Cockshutt, the major difference being the paint colour. As the transaction continued, the White name was more and more applied to the tractor line, with the Oliver 2255, also known as the White 2255, being the last purely "Oliver" tractor. With the introduction of the White 4-150 Field Boss in 1974, the White name would be used, henceforth to the exclusion of all others.

White Motor Corporation shut down the original Oliver Chilled Plow Works factory (factory no. 1) in 1985. The Oliver buildings remained vacant until 2002 when most were demolished to make way for an industrial park. The Oliver powerhouse is now restored and occupied by Rose Brick & Material Rose Brick & Material

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Been helping a buddy down the road with a White(Agco) 6410 4wd he got for $8000, the thing runs great just little issues here and there. Sure pulls better than my Kubota BX 2370,lol!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"