Lititiz Question?

Brocky

I am staying at the Rodeway Inn; Akron, PA. It is an "old time" motel (park in front of the door) but is clean. I stayed there 3 or 4 times and never had an issue. The hotel is about 7 miles to Gerhart's. Senior rate is $63 (regular rate $70). Not much for breakfast but I usually eat at the Lititz Family Cupboard (on the way to and about 2 miles from Gerhart's). There is an Italian restaurant within walking distance from the Rodeway and has GREAT pizza. Oregon Farms (another stuffit buffit) is about 5 miles south of the hotel.

http://www.rodewayinn.com/hotel-akron-pennsylvania-PA534?listpos=1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

There is a Holiday Inn express in Lititz, but unless you are made of $$, it is a bit pricey at $149.99 a night, for 2 adults in 1 room. The breakfast is typical holiday inn fare, OK but not great. We are staying at this holiday inn ONLY because i am staying free by using points.

If you google lititz & take a 15 mile radius there are many good to great options surrounding the area.

Rick

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Got a room at Super 8 in Lancaster for a decent price.

Next Question: Is there any place like a food court, with chairs, where a man can sit down and rest / catch is breath?? My buddy is almost to the point of having to carry an oxygen bottle. Can walk a while then has to sit a while. Or should we plan on bringing some lawn chairs??

Thanks Much

Brocky

Brocky

Thanks guys. Got a room at Super 8 in Lancaster for a decent price.

Thanks Much

Brocky

Is it the Stupid 8 east of Lancaster on Route 30? If so I stayed there several years ago and it was a "dive". The Rodeway Inn in Akron, PA is a luxury hotel compared to the S8 on Route 30. Hope they remodeled the place and meets with your approval.

Ken

Never been to Lititiz. this will be my first yea so hopefully it will be a good turn out. I don't mind the gold carts for the people who need them but this year at Macungie was way the hell out of hand. maybe its me but seemed everytime I turned around some asshole was on my heels with their damn gold cart and most were young kids that could have been walking . not only that they seemed to have no respect for anyone walking, like they had the right of way.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Not alot of carts at Gerhart's. Just be careful of all the Macks/trucks arriving and parking.

FWIW - I was at Farm Science Review in London, OH this week. You must either be handicapped or medical reason to have a cart on the grounds. This is a new rule instituted since last year's show (previous years overrun with carts). Very few carts this year and the "streets" are marked one way with a "cart lane". I know this is difficult to handle at Macungie. Macugine grounds is about 1/4 the size of FSR so no reason for a cart.

Ken

Never been to Lititiz. this will be my first year so hopefully it will be a good turn out. I don't mind the gold carts for the people who need them but this year at Macungie was way the hell out of hand. maybe its me but seemed everytime I turned around some asshole was on my heels with their damn gold cart and most were young kids that could have been walking . not only that they seemed to have no respect for anyone walking, like they had the right of way.

You will be impressed with the show. Have a safe trip.

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

Never been to Lititiz. this will be my first yea so hopefully it will be a good turn out. I don't mind the gold carts for the people who need them but this year at Macungie was way the hell out of hand. maybe its me but seemed everytime I turned around some asshole was on my heels with their damn gold cart and most were young kids that could have been walking . not only that they seemed to have no respect for anyone walking, like they had the right of way.

Drove my B-95 from my place not far from you a few years back route #Rt10 Seward, 707 gas 88 to 81 and did not pass a gas station but had a hell of a time !

• 2 weeks later...

The Super 8 was nice and clean, reasonable prices,refrig and micro but no coffee pot in room,24 hr coffee in lobby, no problems.. Even had white Americans that spoke English working the desk!!! First night went down the road to Cracker Barrell, the second night just walked next door to a great Pub!! A couple of beers and big a$$ good sandwiches with no worries about driving afterword.

My buddy and I ran all back roads from the bottom of Fancy Gap back to Winston Salem with a stop at the Keystone Museum on Sunday on the way home. Leon said it was the best trip we had taken since roaming all over northern New Mexico and Colorado on our way to the ATHS Colorado Spgs show in 2007.

Brocky

The Super 8 was nice and clean, reasonable prices,refrig and micro but no coffee pot in room,24 hr coffee in lobby, no problems.. Even had white Americans that spoke English working the desk!!! First night went down the road to Cracker Barrell, the second night just walked next door to a great Pub!! A couple of beers and big a$$ good sandwiches with no worries about driving afterword.

My buddy and I ran all back roads from the bottom of Fancy Gap back to Winston Salem with a stop at the Keystone Museum on Sunday on the way home. Leon said it was the best trip we had taken since roaming all over northern New Mexico and Colorado on our way to the ATHS Colorado Spgs show in 2007.

Brocky - perhaps the S8 was remodeled and changed ownship since I stayed there three (3) years ago. Good to hear it met with your approval. FYI, a few miles east on Route 30 is Route 896. Turn right go a few miles to Hershey Farm stuffit buffit. Turn left at Route 896 and go a few miles to Good 'n Plenty - family style food. Both excellent PA Dutch food! You will not go away hungry.

Ken