Pictures of the Week

other dog

So far anyway, but my week might be done. I ran two trips to Milton and back, but I had an air bag blow out on the truck today when I was on the way to Oakland with a load of lumber. Blew out in Lovingston, so I turned around, dropped the trailer at the old Tye River Truckstop, and was going to bobtail to the shop so they could put an air bag on it in the morning. But Truck Enterprises said bring it by there and they could have a new one on it in about 15 minutes.

So I go to Truck Enterprises, and had just started looking at a National Dragster magazine when the service manager came in and said he wouldn't be able to finish it tonight because the centering pin on the rear end housing was apparently sheared off, which let the spring move. It had moved to the left, and the tire was probably rubbing the air bag, which caused it to blow out in the first place.

I didn't see much this week, but I did see a girl getting gas.

post-1374-0-02081300-1377141645_thumb.jp

Saw a nice looking cabover Freightliner out of Canada down at the steel mill.

post-1374-0-56729200-1377141791_thumb.jp

Took this one in the mirror-

post-1374-0-76326800-1377141896_thumb.jp

Here's a long stretched out cabover Freightliner with some long piling leaving the mill.

post-1374-0-45272600-1377142412_thumb.jp

Picked up a wide variety of stuff in Milton on the last trip.

post-1374-0-75933900-1377141955_thumb.jp

A big yellow machine at the mill...really big.

post-1374-0-49332800-1377142059_thumb.jp

I saw a girl in a car too.

post-1374-0-07457200-1377142153_thumb.jp

Then later I saw another girl in another car.

post-1374-0-23728700-1377142206_thumb.jp

And, I saw a busted airbag.

post-1374-0-06528300-1377142314_thumb.jp

:Mixer1:

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you might have enough time to give a bunch of folks a ride to the BMT show.

i thought you did the impossible by catching only 1 of 3 wimmin on the phone. Upon further review however, it appears that wommin #1 is holding her phone and wommin #3 is searching for hers.

Jim

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sounds like you might have enough time to give a bunch of folks a ride to the BMT show.

i thought you did the impossible by catching only 1 of 3 wimmin on the phone. Upon further review however, it appears that wommin #1 is holding her phone and wommin #3 is searching for hers.

And wommin #3 is driving? SCARY!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Nice pics and thanks for the phone call. Did you get the pin and air bag replaced? Did you have to overnight there?

P.S. You have good luck when it comes to "seat covers".

I went to truck enterprises in Lynchburg, they gave me a ride to the shop and I got the pickup and came home, it's only about 5 or 6 miles from the shop.

That yellow bastard is a slag pot mover and also a Ladle mover. Based on a 621 scraper front the rest is all custom. Sorry you had the week from hell

Jo asked me what it was, and that's exactly what I told her- "it's one of them things where they back it over a big iron container of hot steel and connect to it, then they lift it up and take it someplace else and drop the container, then a crane dumps the container into a thing, then this machine takes the big iron container back to where it started, to get more hot stuff."

They can turn that thing around on a dime though.

Sorry about your old bag going south :) nice photos too! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

(Vinny) "BOOBS!"

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"