Ford F150's...who owns one?

Barry

I just bought a 'new to me' 2010 F150 Super Crew with a 5.4L Triton V8. I'm just wondering who all here owns an F150? Are the pretty dependable? How is the 5.4L Triton? I hear a lot of stories about the cam phasers going bad and mine does have a light ticking/tapping sound but could also be the valve train or fuel injectors. The truck has almost 75,000 but came with a 3 year/36,000 powertrain warranty. I hope that 75K on an F150 is like 35K on a car! Should be barely broken in!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I used to drive a Ford F150 with the triton V8 for my work several years ago, made me glad that had I owned a Chevy. It seemed my Chevy had less noise all around and the ride was better.

Years ago I had wanted a Jeep Cherokee, I got the opportunity to drive one for about 9 months I was so glad when it came time to trade in, I got a full size Bronco. I liked it, it also looked like the state police supervisor truck and the US GOV plates really helped :whistling:

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

My work has a '01 F150 with 5.4 and it has near 300K miles on it. Nothing done to it basically. Lots of different drivers and abuse and still runs fine. Couple coil packs is about all that has been replaced on motor. We bought it one year old, 16K miles on it. Couple friends have V10's and 100K miles and no real issues.

The early ones had plug pop'n issues, but surely that is addressed by now.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I've got a '96 F-250 that's got over 200K on the clock & still going strong. Even my old Rangers have nearly 200K on 'em. Treat 'em right & a Ford will keep on running. Heck, drive it hard & abuse the he'll out of it and it should STILL last 20+ years as long as you keep the oil changed. Dad has a 150 crew cab...want to say it is an '04 and it has been trouble free...and the way he babies the thing, it'll be around as long as he wants to keep driving it. Only complaint I have about the new Ford trucks is that you can't even special order them with a manual transmission...automatic only, and I just won't buy an automatic.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

ive got an 06 with the triton really like it,,,had it 5 years just goes and goes,,,but the motor also has a tick,,,do yourself a favor and change the spark plugs they weld themselves into the head and if you dont change them around 77000 they will break off taking them out,,,,is about the only problem,,,good luck bob

I've got a '96 F-250 that's got over 200K on the clock & still going strong. Even my old Rangers have nearly 200K on 'em. Treat 'em right & a Ford will keep on running. Heck, drive it hard & abuse the he'll out of it and it should STILL last 20+ years as long as you keep the oil changed. Dad has a 150 crew cab...want to say it is an '04 and it has been trouble free...and the way he babies the thing, it'll be around as long as he wants to keep driving it. Only complaint I have about the new Ford trucks is that you can't even special order them with a manual transmission...automatic only, and I just won't buy an automatic.

Amen to that.

Jake