1965 Autocar DC

2stacksuperdog

yeah. guy poked it with a forklift multiple times to destroy everything and then had it towed to scrap yard. said he was tired of dealing with truck collectors........

Yeah, f**k it all up in case someone tries to save it on it's way to, or at, the scrap yard. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1

Jim

I love these guys who say they hate dealing with collectors. I will never understand why it is okay to take 1700 from the scrap yard but not okay to take the same amount from a collector. It's not uncommon at all for the price to double magically because someone doesn't plan on scraping the truck. Greed pure and simple. Please keep in mind I am talking about the situation in general not necessarily this case.

• Like 1

yeah. guy poked it with a forklift multiple times to destroy everything and then had it towed to scrap yard. said he was tired of dealing with truck collectors........

Some body needs to Poke him w/ a forklift !!!

Yeah, f**k it all up in case someone tries to save it on it's way to, or at, the scrap yard. :thumbsdown:

Ya its a damn shame .this classic will probably be reincarnated as a smart car thanks to this asshole !! :thumbsdown: & for what maybe enough for a mortgage payment ? SMH

I love these guys who say they hate dealing with collectors. I will never understand why it is okay to take 1700 from the scrap yard but not okay to take the same amount from a collector. It's not uncommon at all for the price to double magically because someone doesn't plan on scraping the truck. Greed pure and simple. Please keep in mind I am talking about the situation in general not necessarily this case.

Well said I AGREE 110%

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

My guess is the people that own these old trucks have no attachment to them as say,we do,it's just junk! I knew of a guy in Jersey that scrapped 3 Brockway 361's (one in running-driving shape) because no one would pay 20K for the 3 of them. Ended up torching all three,loaded them in a dump trailer,hauled them away.......after crossing the scale he cleared a whopping $1200.00! when he had a standing offer of 5K for the best one! I don't understand peoples thinking most of the time where old trucks are concerned,they turn down a fair price because they think they're sitting on a gold mine,or they sit long enough that their no good to anyone? go figger!............................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My guess is the people that own these old trucks have no attachment to them as say,we do,it's just junk! I knew of a guy in Jersey that scrapped 3 Brockway 361's (one in running-driving shape) because no one would pay 20K for the 3 of them. Ended up torching all three,loaded them in a dump trailer,hauled them away.......after crossing the scale he cleared a whopping $1200.00! when he had a standing offer of 5K for the best one! I don't understand peoples thinking most of the time where old trucks are concerned,they turn down a fair price because they think they're sitting on a gold mine,or they sit long enough that their no good to anyone? go figger!............................................Mark

HOLY COW! ! Boy if that made it to the Brockway site that guy would be a wanted man!!

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

I talked to the guy with the Autocar. He seemed like a decent guy. He had run this truck in the past. I tried to sell the truck for him. He knew what he would get for scrap, but said he would sell it to me for $3000. I made up a sign and took it to Friends of Autocar. A buddy said he would offer $1500 for it. I don't know if he did. I did everything I could. It was too far away and too expensive for me to buy. Such a shame. Mike

• Like 1

I talked to the guy with the Autocar. He seemed like a decent guy. He had run this truck in the past. I tried to sell the truck for him. He knew what he would get for scrap, but said he would sell it to me for $3000. I made up a sign and took it to Friends of Autocar. A buddy said he would offer $1500 for it. I don't know if he did. I did everything I could. It was too far away and too expensive for me to buy. Such a shame. Mike

seems funny he wanted 3k from you but take $1200 from the scrap guy, I just took a bunch of scrap (exhaust pipe, nuts & bolts, old rims) from this past summer to the recycler and made almost $200, now have some more money to help add to the dog team :SMOKIE-LFT:

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

• 7 years later...