So whats on the menu today?

MACKS

• 2 weeks later...

For tonight Salmon cooked on the grill on a pre soaked ceder board,for those of you that never tried this it's a must do,sooo good..pre soak the board for a couple of hours and I use this spice with an equal part of brown sugar,20 minutes on a hot grill and thats it..

post-598-0-77198000-1370037968_thumb.jpg

post-598-0-01836800-1370038010_thumb.jpg

''Only two things smell like fish- and one of them's mackerel"- Redd Foxx. He never did say what the other thing was, and now he's gone.

Always liked Redd Foxx! my Grandad was like the white Fred G. Sanford!..........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

For tonight Salmon cooked on the grill on a pre soaked ceder board,for those of you that never tried this it's a must do,sooo good..pre soak the board for a couple of hours and I use this spice with an equal part of brown sugar,20 minutes on a hot grill and thats it..

Holy mackerel- or salmon- that does look good. I've heard of that before, never tried it. They have the "shad planking" thing here in Va. every year, but i'm not sure exactly what it is.

Where do you get the cedar board? I have a cedar tree in the back yard I could chop down.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Holy mackerel- or salmon- that does look good. I've heard of that before, never tried it. They have the "shad planking" thing here in Va. every year, but i'm not sure exactly what it is.

Where do you get the cedar board? I have a cedar tree in the back yard I could chop down.

I guess you could cut your own but we buy them at costco,there only about a quarter inch thick.

Soak the cedar plank in your favorite marinade first.

The cook as usual.

When done, throw salmon away and eat plank

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

You've got it all wrong, that's a recipe for carp, not salmon- you're throwing away some good eatin' there. My uncle had a recipe for baked carp too. He used to say find some fresh green horse manure- it had to be fresh- clean and stuff the carp with the horse manure, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so, then throw the fish away and eat the horse manure.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You've got it all wrong, that's a recipe for carp, not salmon- you're throwing away some good eatin' there. My uncle had a recipe for baked carp too. He used to say find some fresh green horse manure- it had to be fresh- clean and stuff the carp with the horse manure, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so, then throw the fish away and eat the horse manure.

Tom don't forget the apples.............

mike

Judging by the trees, this is gonna be another good apple year! Had more rot last year than I could eat...mom says the one tree's apples sound like the kind she prefers for apple pies, so I may box some of 'em up and ship 'em to her this year....better than letting 'em rot.

Just wish my peach & plum trees were as productive as the apple trees....free healthy snacks growing right there in the yard.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Judging by the trees, this is gonna be another good apple year! Had more rot last year than I could eat...mom says the one tree's apples sound like the kind she prefers for apple pies, so I may box some of 'em up and ship 'em to her this year....better than letting 'em rot.

Just wish my peach & plum trees were as productive as the apple trees....free healthy snacks growing right there in the yard.

Ok Rowdy.....I was referring to the type of manure Tom was talking about. We use to call them horse apples or hedge apples as some call them. Had to have them to make fresh, green, horse manure. LOL

mike

You got a donut tree?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian