Pictures of the Week

other dog

Just noticed the Chevy Turbo Titan has single drive tires. I would like to see that truck in person and here it run. Does anyone know if this truck still exists?

I bet that F would be fun to drive.

I did not miss the boobs flotation devices bumpers err whatever...

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

attachicon.gifimg_5098.jpg

A crane on a barge in the river by the bridge.

Any specifics on what we are looking at in this photo?

I thought that was you behind me. I was on my way from Pittsburgh to Cleveland and figgered I must've missed the ramp for the Ohio Turnpike so I was looking for a place to turn around.

• Like 1

Jim

Took some more pictures on my latest journey to Louisville. Gonna post them today because I think I saw a U model.

It was sitting way down there

post-1374-0-55002700-1366671367_thumb.jp

A closer look...

post-1374-0-19175700-1366671448_thumb.jp

I believe there was another green one back beyond this one, they're at the same place as this one.

post-1374-0-14902100-1366673414_thumb.jp

The place in Louisville...

post-1374-0-67090400-1366673473_thumb.jppost-1374-0-31307800-1366673529_thumb.jp

Looking down Sandstone mountain.

post-1374-0-77140500-1366673601_thumb.jppost-1374-0-51825300-1366673629_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-44113700-1366673689_thumb.jp

First runaway ramp-

post-1374-0-84434700-1366673717_thumb.jp

Second runaway ramp. I'd take my chances before I went off on this one. It's right at the bottom and that's the last curve on 64, then you cross the New River, it's flat for several miles, then you start climbing again.

post-1374-0-94295800-1366673779_thumb.jppost-1374-0-92670400-1366673835_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

That looks like a van trailer at Vulcan Hart's pretty loading dock. You're not a fan of van trailers.

Did you piss in someone's Wheaties again?

If you are nice and say you're sorry (don't have to mean it) maybe you can get your flat top back?

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Wait....there's pictures of trucks up there? Man my eyes must be going I only saw a smoking hot blonde and a huge pair of chesticles!

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That looks like a van trailer at Vulcan Hart's pretty loading dock. You're not a fan of van trailers.

Did you piss in someone's Wheaties again?

If you are nice and say you're sorry (don't have to mean it) maybe you can get your flat top back?

That's a pretty good run to Louisville, comes out every other week. Nice run across 64 and it pays pretty good too. I've gotten better at backing in that door, unload and reload right there, I was back at the shop about 4:30 yesterday. My flatbed was already loaded for Indianapolis and sitting in the shop, I've got to tarp it before I leave.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Wasn't the Turbo Titan series of trucks turbine powered?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Wasn't the Turbo Titan series of trucks turbine powered?

I believe you are correct.

I don't know anything about turbines, but it seemed like all the players tried them. Kenworth, Ford, Mack tried them. I think they all didn't do well on fuel consumption in the long run.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I believe you are correct.

I don't know anything about turbines, but it seemed like all the players tried them. Kenworth, Ford, Mack tried them. I think they all didn't do well on fuel consumption in the long run.

Caterpillar had a couple turbine powered trucks running in the mid-70s. Yes I believe the one big issue was fuel consumption.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"