Vintage pics

41chevy

Incredible pictures, my son, 12, is a Moxie drinker, can't find it anywhere but the very northeast. Those shovels on the train, I have the the Buddy L size metal toy of the shovel, it's exact. That is alot of history, so much of it shipped over seas. Fantastic pictures, keep it up and thank.

Fantastic pictures!

That Corvette picture for some reason reminds me of Baldwin-Motion. I think they were all Chevy straight liners and that looks like it may be setup for a road course.

James Garner is pretty high on the list of car guys.

James Garner owned American International Racing with Dick Guldstrand who owned Culver City Chevrolet and sold the Garner Corvettes through the dealership and Clippengers Chevrolet in Denver. Bob Wingate from TRACO did the all aluminum L88 engines. The cars were road race prepped and a few ran up to 1978.

Garner also prepped and raced AMC' s at Baja in 1966 67. An Olds 442 at the Baja 1000 in 1970 was the last AIR race car til about 1975 when Garner and Gulderstand made a CANAM style Indy car.

post-3242-0-35858100-1366768260_thumb.jp

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Very nice and interesting pics. Keep them coming. I remember some of the vehicles (I told you I was an old fart). I wonder if Roy Rogers wore his hat when he paced the race? Also, did Ford cut-up those cars that were involved in the wreck?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Very nice and interesting pics. Keep them coming. I remember some of the vehicles (I told you I was an old fart). I wonder if Roy Rogers wore his hat when he paced the race? Also, did Ford cut-up those cars that were involved in the wreck?

I would bet they were repaired and delivered to the customers. The Big 3 did that until the mid 70's. the Chevy dealer I worked at when I was in high school had a Suburban and an Impala that GM sent the parts to repair. The Suburban fell off the ramp onto the rear corner of the Impala. Ford did theirs at the bigger dealers and my uncles body shop in Glen Cove did all the damage on the Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles for Lyster Motors/ All paid by the parent company.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I would bet they were repaired and delivered to the customers. The Big 3 did that until the mid 70's. the Chevy dealer I worked at when I was in high school had a Suburban and an Impala that GM sent the parts to repair. The Suburban fell off the ramp onto the rear corner of the Impala. Ford did theirs at the bigger dealers and my uncles body shop in Glen Cove did all the damage on the Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles for Lyster Motors/ All paid by the parent company.

Paul,

I used to del. to a concrete co out there in Glen Cove called Bona Fide and I think the guys name was Dominic and I do believe he had some Mopars?? Last I heard he was not there anymore, did you know him? He was a very nice guy to del. to and he helped me out with one of my trucks one day and would not take a red cent from me when I tried to pay him!

Ernie DS

i was gonna say the same thing about the cars on the car carrier. bet they pulled it out and delivered them to the lot and hosed them off. now a days there would be a company rep there and everything would need to be photographed and scrapped. i remember years ago a train derailed here in upstate ny with cars. factory sent people to cut the batteries out and destroy them and the tires. didnt want anything useable going to the junkyard.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

i was gonna say the same thing about the cars on the car carrier. bet they pulled it out and delivered them to the lot and hosed them off. now a days there would be a company rep there and everything would need to be photographed and scrapped. i remember years ago a train derailed here in upstate ny with cars. factory sent people to cut the batteries out and destroy them and the tires. didnt want anything useable going to the junkyard.

Things were different then. My 1941 Chevy Cabriolet I bought from the original owner. It was Ruby Maroon, When I started to strip the body it was bright red under it, but tge Maroon was in all the places that could only be factory applied. Seems that back then the factory would change the color on the assembly line rather than built a new car. Learned that because the Vin / spec tag was spot welded to the cowl and the paint code was re-stamped before the tag was put on. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

I'm under the impression the Euclid is being run in or dyno tested.

The photo of Craig Breedlove moving his Spirit of America LSR out of his home garage for testing is something that sadly, no one would dare try today....nor would they have the Ballz to even build it from the seat of his pants'

Even Mickey Thompson and his Challenger LSR on an open trailer and the family wagon going to Bonneville Sade those times are gone.

Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Paul,i have really enjoyed seeing these pictures! and they just keep getting better! in this group my favorites are the Autocars with the Higgins Boats loaded,and the White Castle loaded on the Mack! what memories! thanks again for posting!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Just got back from the New Orleans WWII musieum, lots on the Higgins boats. They were built down there but he was from Wisconsin or somewhere up there, never had an education, wasn't around the ocean, wasn't a boat nut, but he designed the PT boat, the landing barges and a few others, and built them fast. Hitler called him the american Noah. He said he saved america.

Great pictures, loving them all.

• Like 1

ohiuojeeps2_zps9e85f1b3.jpeg
ohiojeeps3_zpsb63d8559.jpeg
ohiojeeps1_zpsd2e39b90.jpeg
ohiojeeps4_zps9b6ba90f.jpeg
ohiojeeps5_zpsb7c6820b.jpeg
ohiojeeps6_zps8d3ccb8b.jpeg
ohiojeeps7_zpsf213c0d3.jpeg
ohiojeeps8_zpse234257e.jpeg
uygtfd_zps133815c3.jpeg
kbsleeper_zps2533882d.jpeg
fulltilt_zps8c9bcbe4.jpeg
deere_zps3415c638.jpeg
modela1_zps84a8c01d.jpeg
modela2_zps4177cacf.jpeg
Smog-patrol-1947_zpsbb3a6c26.jpg
shoecar_zps247885eb.jpg
taters_zps4fc18062.jpeg
1952nypdindianchief_zps1c151748.jpg
wheeliegonebad_zps8a71fb41.jpg
pmsgroup_zpsf41677c1.jpg
noindians_zps861a519d.jpeg
mm_zpsd6476920.jpeg

blueanglesrip_zps56edd487.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

The second to last photo is Norma Jean in 1946 before Hollywood tarted her up. The Blue Angles was taken at the Naval Weapon s Center / Grummans Calverton in 1955 . The jet is a Grumman F9F Panther and a C54/ DC4. It was their entry in to the jet age. Now that the White House has Disbanded the Blue Angles, the Thunder Birds and the Golden Knights because of the Sequester, I felt this would be a good photo for their RIP. Paul

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

petmilktanker_zpsd101527f.jpeg
MissTruckStopper1968_zps680710b7.jpg
jacfdaniels1_zps3fefa016.jpeg
jacfdaniels_zpsfe0c5dbc.jpeg
HeinHobby-Shop1-jpg_zps44cdd49e.jpg
gmturbinefirebirdjpg_zps02d289f2.jpg
gmprovinggrounds1926_zps82113701.jpg
hojos_zps40b442fc.jpg

Allis Chalmers Indy car

FloydRobertsallischalmers_zpsda243987.jp
cdtrucks_zps0b48401c.jpg
catchevrolet_zps37a1ab43.jpg
CMartinModelTtank_zps96eeb6e7.jpg
BlackBearRoad1975jpg_zps68c8cfba.jpg
49fordihtow_zpsf29dc770.jpg
stude_zpse28bc38a.jpg

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

FDNYb_zpsd982a21c.jpg
FDNYa_zps359d6545.jpg
detroitpdcommand_zpsc5bbdf44.jpg
detriotfd1925_zps4bef9216.jpg
bayonnepdambulance_zps2a338d97.jpeg
1933hdTrikejpg_zpsdc359a3c.jpg
1930sL-1_zps3860cda9.jpg
45wl_zpsa934ff88.jpg

P.T.CHESHIRE