B61 For Sale (Rare Tip Hood Option)

tkobes43

I guess I missed the funny part of the ad. It is an old Celli truck and that hood was an aftermarket item to help with ease of maintence/light weight. At one time it belonged to a gentleman in Woodstock,IL. Last time I saw it was about 15 years ago in Rockford and I was trying to buy it. I was 16 years old and the man wanted $1500. The cab was really bad and my Dad thought my money would be better spent else where. I ended up with an 85' Value-Liner when I was 17. Too many trucks, not enough time or money. -Brad

• Like 1

Could be an old Ceili truck with that hood and from IL. Rare with the Clariben hood, Cab is toasted. Looks like my U model cab was with the floor all caving in. I like the hood though.

Vinny, you win the prize........ It is an old Celli truck! :clock_logo::twothumbsup:

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

rarity is in the eye of the seller and buyer.... that aluminum long square tank and hood are rare, not gonna say i have never seen them tho.

usually when the claim how rare something is the price usually is in outer space, this one seems decently reasonable.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Tom,the Clariben hoods were not a factory option,but an after market item you could use to replace an older steel hood on several different trucks, Doug Maney posted a neat brochure in the BMT wiki section,showing a lot of the types of trucks they were available for,personally,i don't like them ! they look "odd" to me!............................Mark

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/8-clariben-hood-brochure-aftermarket/

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.