My 1978 Mack

It's a r767st, It has a 400 big cam cummins and a 13 speed fuller. I sent my info to the Mack museum Monday so I can't wait to get the info on it. I bought in NC and drove it to Florida didn't miss a beat the whole way. It has 51,000 on the odometer and the people I bought from swears it is the original miles but i don't know how it could be. It has AT Willaims oil company stamped into the steering wheel. I am going to get rid of the square tanks and get the round ones asap. I am looking all over for the old style air shield like the rubber duck had but keep running into dead ends if anyone has one or knows who might would be very helpful. Thanks.

It's a r767st, It has a 400 big cam cummins and a 13 speed fuller. I sent my info to the Mack museum Monday so I can't wait to get the info on it. I bought in NC and drove it to Florida didn't miss a beat the whole way. It has 51,000 on the odometer and the people I bought from swears it is the original miles but i don't know how it could be. It has AT Willaims oil company stamped into the steering wheel. I am going to get rid of the square tanks and get the round ones asap. I am looking all over for the old style air shield like the rubber duck had but keep running into dead ends if anyone has one or knows who might would be very helpful. Thanks.

If I remember right the Rubber Duck type of air foil was known as the Michelin type due to the Michelin trucks having a distinct rounded look. Ive seen them around just got to go junkyard hopping!

Just looked at the picture too make sure our '77 had square so im assuming in between 1977 and 1978

Don't think it was an option they just had them on R's till the (I'm going with) mid 70's. Round tanks came about with use of aluminum (option) and steel round. U's had square up till the end :-(

Don't think it was an option they just had them on R's till the (I'm going with) mid 70's. Round tanks came about with use of aluminum (option) and steel round. U's had square up till the end :-(

Both trucks are R-models so it has to be somewhere between. I also just did a google search of R's from 77 and 78 and 77 had square and 78 had round...

Matt

our 82 R600 at work has the square tanks but they are the bigger style like St Johnsbury ran. ill have to get a pic. it was originally a Ryder rental truck, probably had 2 million miles on it, 300 with a 9 speed rr. sweet truck but the frame cab and hood are junk. has a brand new pedegree engine tho haha

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Where in Florida you at?

If I remember correctly, there was a guy with quite the collection of "stuff" near Myakka City.

Several GMC Generals, some old sleepers, tanks, wheels,....

Have to do some searching to find his info.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Where in Florida you at?

If I remember correctly, there was a guy with quite the collection of "stuff" near Myakka City.

Several GMC Generals, some old sleepers, tanks, wheels,....

Have to do some searching to find his info.

There's a fellow in the ATHS that is in Florida, someplace. He's a big GMC fan, Generals and Crackerboxes. Goes by Crackerbox Bob on ATHS site.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yup, that's him.

Been to Stuart, Fla once back 25 yrs ago. Stayed at Marina Point, it was owned by Bill Haines of Haines company(maker of Criss cross directory). Right on the Inland waterway, stayed up at the Penthouse. Glass walls in the bathroom, you could watch the boats as you were on the crapper!!! LOL!!! Bill was friend of friend and we spent a weekend at his place. His headquarters is right here in N. Canton, Ohio. Just few miles from my house.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"