B75 up for auction

Well, no worry here, it ain't in my driveway.

I found time to run down about 10:45 Saturday morning. They had about 3 city blocks roped off, I parked and wandered down. They were working on the tools inside the old station. All the trucks were parked off to the side by the new building. It was 28* out, nippy, and I wasn't going to wait around to see what happened. I left and went to lunch with my Saturday group.

Funny, I opened the passenger door to look inside again, the right fuel tank and rocker panel were covered in rust pieces from people closing the door all morning LOL!! I lifted the mat and the floor wasn't pretty. It was filled with junk previously so I couldnt look. The bottom back of cab was missing about 2-3" up, you could see the mount area. The truck is rough, like I was told years ago.

I tried to read the pump number, but couldn't see it well enough to figure out what motor? Not sure if 673 with turbo or 711 with turbo? It was painted some gawd forsaken blue/green color(ugh).

I suppose if no one actually knows what it went for, a call to Kiko this week sometimes might find some information from their records.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yup, just got a call from a buddy, heard it went $6200? Whatever. The old Ford wrecker went about $6500. It looked pretty decent. Low mileage and didn't look like a rust bucket full of bondo.

Larry

must not have been anyone in here,surely they woulda been bragging by now.Sounds like it sold pretty good,I was guessing in the $4k range.

Yea Larry and I thought $5K but there must have been 2 people that wanted it. I kinda remember seeing a Mack on here owned by a guy in the Wooster OH area. It was a B that neither Larry nor I knew about. Maybe Larry remembers.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

must not have been anyone in here,surely they woulda been bragging by now.Sounds like it sold pretty good,I was guessing in the $4k range.

I didn't get the chance to go and I agree on the 4K, I was thinking 3.5K to 4.5K. if it was as bad as claimed.

If it really was 127K actual miles and showed it then the sky would've been the limit, just not by me.

It was a very, very hard 127K miles. If the motor was rebuilt already? Or maybe it was repowered? I was trying to read the number on the accy drive, but just couldn't see it well enough to read it, not that it mattered.

I'm trying to remember the guy in Wooster, they have that show every year. Kinda private thing, I only hear about it after the fact.

I figure the truck was near 20K lbs. Maybe 12K for the chassis and another 5-7 for the bed. What is scrap for 20K lbs? That is about what I figured. The cab was junk, doors really rough. Hood and front were okay. Tow bed was usable. Yes, two guys were apparently running it up was the story I got from friend yesterday.

Larry

even with a rusty cab,it had alot of favorable features,1 it was a '66 last year built,bumper looked perfect,and I'd bet it was aluminum,nice alum. round tanks,hood looked nice,anyone that's been around B-73's and B-75's know how hard it is to find a hood that's decent,13 speed double over Triplex is a nice feature,probably a turbo'd 711,radiator looked real nice.I'd say whoever bought it did OK.

yup looked fixable but B75 cabs are like hens teeth around my parts and if its anything like the B model wreckers from Upstate Ny, they see all the winter salt then get parked in a nice WARM garage to really get the salt perculating on them til they are used again. they usually rot inside the garage if they dont get washed enough, kinda like fire engines

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg