Another dog comming home!

• 2 weeks later...

Truck was dropped off yesterday,thanks again Ray!Not sure what the plans are yet,i found a few others that aren't cheap but may go for one?If I do this truck may be up for grabs.The cab is VERY solid,only has some rust in the pillar area.Fender tops aren't very good,but came with a real nice extra one.Engine seems to run strong as well.A few more pics...

post-2598-0-65293300-1361225948_thumb.jp

post-2598-0-42573500-1361225983_thumb.jp

post-2598-0-70914900-1361226023_thumb.jp

• 5 years later...

Pretty sure that truck was owned by a man named Dave Natale. He had a pretty sweet deal hauling off barges. He didn't say exactly what, but he was a good guy. The thing was listed on Truck Paper in the summer of 2012 for $7500.00. For about twenty minutes. He knew he was selling it fairly cheap. My experience with New Jersey, you have to pay storage on everything. I think that's why.

He had told me at the time, the thing could go to work tomorrow. I guess the parking brake situation was DOT problem, so he retired. Hand brake on a 20 speed, not quite up to speck.

I was seriously thinking about buying it and putting it to work hauling haylage and silage. If I could have talked Dave into driving for me, I would have.

Its nice to know the thing ended up with someone who appreciates B-81's.       

On 10/3/2018 at 6:23 AM, Maddog13407 said:

yea, ended up with that beautiful Cresci box cut off and scrapped and last i see it not much has changed after that. damn shame

Quite a common story. I can appreciate when anyone takes a pile of parts and than try to get something solid of it. But much usually a guy takes some quite solid or complete vehicle, butcher it up along the way of his fantasy and than later runs out of cash/power/interest.

Edited by Vladislav
  • Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012