2013 ATCA Macungie Show June 14, 15, 2013

fxfymn

that would be sweet. would like to see it myself. are any of the old assembly line buildings still standing where the B's were made?

The main assembly building was still standing in 2007 but I do not know if it is still standing. Here is a pic of Mack HQ I took in December 2007. Still kicking myself for not getting a tour of the building. Also, it brings a tear to my eye when I look at this pic.

post-3289-0-46722600-1360375651_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Seems to me i read an article some time ago,that said they were taking all the Mack logo's Bulldog etc. off the old HQ bldg. to be donated to the Mack museum,maybe it was even on here? been a year or two ago............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Could always try for a BMT convoy to Hooters!

Dont laugh.....No Hooters around Macungie, but there IS a Tilted Kilt about ONE mile from the Mack Museum (closer if you didnt have to go AROUND the dang airport in the way!!!) Ken and I keep threatening to take our trucks there one day for a photo op.......

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I've been working on and around mack trucks forever, the last time I toured the Macungie plant, I was in awl of the buckets of hard to get parts, bulldogs, new exhaust parts. i was amazed. Love macungie! I just can't believe the museum isn't opened that saturday.

Wolfdaddy whatchoo talking about? They run shuttle buses from the show over to the plant and then over to the museum........??????

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I have the OVERDRIVE where they visit :mack1: headquarters('72).Thats when Mr. Z.C.R. Hansen was the boss! Just remember how proud he was of that building and bringing all phases of the :mack1: operation back to Allentown where it belonged. Allentown,Pa. must have thought he was a god for a while! That bulldog was in more places than you could count! Not only on the trucks,but on every item you could think of! Sad to see the HQ's gone to N.C..Glad I was able to go through the Hansen Building twice! A real treat for a kid who just wanted to work with and around :MackLogo: .................Al

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Seems to me i read an article some time ago,that said they were taking all the Mack logo's Bulldog etc. off the old HQ bldg. to be donated to the Mack museum,maybe it was even on here? been a year or two ago............................Mark

Bulldog that was on the front of HQ building now resides at the Mack Museum.

Ken

Are you Serious I'm sure the man on the bus said it was closed on saturday. Can't believe I missed it twice.Thanks

Yes, tours of both Macungie and Museum on Saturday. Board the busses on the south (?) side of the park.

Ken

Here you go Ken

Some pictures from inside the World Headquarters building taken in December 2007.

Look closely at the marble wall in the reception area---what do you see?

Ron

Thanks for the pics of the WHQ. I was in the lobby (a museum in itself) to meet a friend that worked there...he is now at the Customer Center. I am still kicking myself for NOT asking for a tour. If I would have known the future....,,,,

If I remember correctly, the receptionist at the Customer Center is the same lady who was the receptionist at the Mack WHQ.

Ken

I'm kind of surprised that the Mack marketing folks don't jump on this as an opportunity to demo their latest offerings to the attendees. It would be a great time to offer test rides on the track to potential buyers.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Thanks for the pics of the WHQ. I was in the lobby (a museum in itself) to meet a friend that worked there...he is now at the Customer Center. I am still kicking myself for NOT asking for a tour. If I would have known the future....,,,,

If I remember correctly, the receptionist at the Customer Center is the same lady who was the receptionist at the Mack WHQ.

You're right Ken.

Her name is Pat Hutchings, a very nice lady!!

When we were still in business we a had a farm we used to go to in Vera Cruz, PA. not far from Allentown.

We used to pick up brood mares there to take to Ky. to be bred.

Not much room for a tractor and trailer so we used to use a three horse Chevy straight truck if we had one mare and foal to pick up which was most of the time.

We would then bring them back to West Chester to load on a tractor and trailer with more horses for the trip to Ky.

When I had to go I always asked if I could leave early so I could go up to World Headquarters to visit the Mack shop.

Then I would stop on my way back down 29 & 100 to pick up the mare and foal.

One time I went we had to pick up two mares and foals that meant two box stalls and I had to use one of our six horse straight trucks which were CS300 Midliners.

When I entered World Headquarters that morning and said hello to Pat she asked me how I was doing and so forth.

Then straining to see out in the parking lot she asked me what I was driving? She said I know it's a horse truck but what is it.

I said it's a midliner, to which she replied Oh my!

Then I told her about the only two mistakes they made with the midliner-------

#1 making them and

#2 selling them!!!

She got quite a charge out of that!

Keep in mind this was in 2009 and the truck was either 22 or 23 years old.

They were getting pretty scarce to see!

Ron