Change your furnace filter

Lmackattack

Man I noticed the air flow was poor these last few days with single digit temps and hi cycle times of the furnace. I pulled the filter and it looked like a litter box tipped on its side. I have been remodeling the house the last month cutting wood in the bacement, putting up new drywal and wood floors upstairs and man was it clogged. I pulled it out when the furnace was running and it made a sound of relief when i removed it! Went back upstairs after the new filter install and all the window curtains near the floor vents are blowing like I left a window open. Lol.....

Just a friendly reminder!

• Like 1

Ditto on both those items. Though I did forget to get filter for furnace this winter(too lazy and forgot to get dimensions).

Did clean out the dryer vent though, as the pipe near plugged up.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Perfect timing!

I write a note on my calender so I don't forget to to change it or at least take a look at its condition.

Along the same line, take a look at the lint trap on your clothes dryer and clean the hose all the way to outside. A friend hadn't done it for a long time and had a little fire the other day. Luckily he was still at home and grabbed a fire extinguisher. If the system is kept clean, the clothes dry faster too.

Your dryer is sucking already heated air from your house, making it hotter, and blowing it outside. Unhook the hose and clamp a pair pantyhose on your dryer. Keep the hot air inside and help bring the humidity up to a more comfortable level at the same time.

I write the date on my filter when its installed so I can see if its been 4 months already. The cat little boxes (3!) are in the same room as the furnace so if the wife is cleaning them when the sucker kicks on, it sucks all the dust in and we have to change it frequently. Just put duct tape around the opening where the filter goes it to help keep the dust out.

It does make a BIG difference when the filter is clean. Plus it isn't working as hard so its more efficient.

Your dryer is sucking already heated air from your house, making it hotter, and blowing it outside. Unhook the hose and clamp a pair pantyhose on your dryer. Keep the hot air inside and help bring the humidity up to a more comfortable level at the same time.

That's a good idea. Never thought of that...

Perfect timing!

I write a note on my calender so I don't forget to to change it or at least take a look at its condition.

Along the same line, take a look at the lint trap on your clothes dryer and clean the hose all the way to outside. A friend hadn't done it for a long time and had a little fire the other day. Luckily he was still at home and grabbed a fire extinguisher. If the system is kept clean, the clothes dry faster too.

And, after you change your filters, clean the lint trap and vent hose, don't forget to clean the fins underneath or behind your refrigerator. These often get overlooked, get very dusty

and your refrigerator will not work as efficiently as it should. Oh yeah, don't forget the bathroom fan needs cleaning; could be a fire hazard if not cleaned regularly. Lots of

household advice here today!!

bulldogboy

Friggen "Hints from Heloise"

THIS IS A TRUCK FORUM-MACK TRUCK

not some handy andy crap

Don't forget to change the battery in your smoke detector-you do have one right?

Also, CO detectors would be good to have up there

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Friggen "Hints from Heloise"

THIS IS A TRUCK FORUM-MACK TRUCK

not some handy andy crap

Don't forget to change the battery in your smoke detector-you do have one right?

Also, CO detectors would be good to have up there

Why would you need a Colorado detector? I'm sure somebody would have mentioned it if it went missing, and all those yuppy skiers would be howling about it.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Why would you need a Colorado detector? I'm sure somebody would have mentioned it if it went missing, and all those yuppy skiers would be howling about it.

intellectually bankrupt

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Trent, that reminds me of when I visited my friend in Florida. I got to his apartment and he told me that his central air system is crappy and it was warm in his place. The first thing I did was ask him where his AC unit was. He pointed me to a small closet in his hall and I opened the filter housing only to find it caked with a half inch of dust. He was amazed and said the rental office never told him there was a filter that needed replacing. The next day he bought home a box of filters and put a new filter in. The apartment quickly cooled down and was nice and comfortable.

What's a furnace?

Turns lots of money into heat.

• Like 1

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

intellectually bankrupt

But he has a valid point.

BTW,A clogged dryer exhaust is also a serious fire hazard.

Jim