Another cool A-CAR!

Bigdogtrucker

Looked at this today.Has a NHC 250(turbo'd)with a 13 speed RR,Hendrikson spring suspension.All aluminum cab and frame!Very original truck,not sure of the year yet.

I'll bet that truck hauled cement when it was new, out in Pa. years back there were a lot of those A-Cars just like that with 250's and some even had 903 V-8's in them! They loved em cause they were light weight's

BULLHUSK

I'll bet that truck hauled cement when it was new, out in Pa. years back there were a lot of those A-Cars just like that with 250's and some even had 903 V-8's in them! They loved em cause they were light weight's

BULLHUSK

Came out of VT I do know that.Last sticker on the plate was "99?Anybody know the last year of that dash?

• 3 weeks later...

It's about a "66/7/Low cab,and the pre "68 dash!Neat truck for sure.

I believe you got it....... I don't see a DOT side marker light on the front fender.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

An NHC was naturally aspirated but the addition of a T-50 turbo made it a NHCT or it could be an NTC which could be a 270, 290 or 335 since it had no aftercooler.

I had a 69 all aluminum A-Car which came with an NTC270 which we replaced with a BC III 400 uprated to 800 hp by Bruce Malinson the diesel " GENIUS" at Pittsburgh Power and it was an absolutely unbelieveable truck drivers dream to drive something with this kind of power " It wasn't for the faint of heart "

This truck and a similar one were for sale in Wheels of Time and the aths web site last year. The pictures looked good and the price seemed right but they still took a long time to sell. I would like to get one like it because my father drove a 1969 A7564 when I was a kid. I actually would like that truck back. It went to Ohio in the 80's, never to be seen again. Mike

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting they move machinery too. I see them down here in Jersey all the time with granite and box vans.

Rob

Rob, they haul just about everything and bought out Starr transportation from North Troy, Vermont last year. Granite still is big on their list. There yard is in Barre, Vt. and is packed full of trucks.

Rob, they haul just about everything and bought out Starr transportation from North Troy, Vermont last year. Granite still is big on their list. There yard is in Barre, Vt. and is packed full of trucks.

Cool they seem to have a tidy fleet when I see them on the road.

If anyone is looking for an Autocar like the one pictured. I came across one in good shape except for broken passenger windshield it was Crane rental of tewksbury Ma, was one of there tractors saw it when I dropped my truck off for service, sin seeing it sitting there, can get pics if interested.