2012 Hot Sauce

other dog

Guess i'll make the hot sauce today. I've got more peppers than i've ever had before, since Ma saved half a trash bag for me in her freezer. Just got done washing them, still got all of mine in the freezer to do as soon as I get back from the store.

Olivetroad wanted kodiakatronomy documentation of the whole process- and some sauce- so I guess i'll have to print some pictures for him and send it with the sauce.

I always recycled bottles to put it in before but this year I ordered 2 dozen new bottles online- only problem is I should have ordered twice as many, so i'll still have to use all the old bottles I got. Good thing I save them, eh? I always wash them first and then boil them before I reuse them.

Still got my mailing list, but I might have to add to it this year to get rid of some of this stuff...I mean "delicious hot sauce".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

ill be barbequing tonite hamburgers but that hot sause sounds good,,,i generally dont do any barbequeing in the cold,,,but i decided i wanted burgers,and onion rings for new years eve meal.woohoo.lol.let me know if you need to unload more ill take some.bob

I love the grill in the winter. Watch the snow melt off the lid as it warms up. Got the grill under our covered patio so it's easier in the rain and snow.

Now hot sauce and burgers with chili on top with fried onion rings sounds like a plan.

I love the grill in the winter. Watch the snow melt off the lid as it warms up. Got the grill under our covered patio so it's easier in the rain and snow. Now hot sauce and burgers with chili on top with fried onion rings sounds like a plan.

ya,,mines also on a covered porch.bob

Dammit!..my hands feel like they're on fire again! I bought some rubber gloves at the store today for handling the peppers. The box said "one size fits all". Should have said "except those over 4 years old" too. So I had to bare hand them.They had stopped burning after I cut all the peppers up, but after just taking them out of the stainless steel pot to put them in the blender they're burning worse than before now.
Sauce is simmering on the stove now...might wait until morning to bottle it.

Dammit!..my hands feel like they're on fire again! I bought some rubber gloves at the store today for handling the peppers. The box said "one size fits all". Should have said "except those over 4 years old" too. So I had to bare hand them.They had stopped burning after I cut all the peppers up, but after just taking them out of the stainless steel pot to put them in the blender they're burning worse than before now.

Sauce is simmering on the stove now...might wait until morning to bottle it.

know what you mean,,,thier makin them in china,,,and thier large,,,is like a 10 year old girl size.large work gloves just barely fit..lol.bob

The story so far- might as well post this picture story for Olive, even though he's been missing for a long time.

These are the peppers Ma and Dad saved for me. All jalapenos.

Made this much after processing.

All these came from my garden.

Ended up with this much.

Quite a pot full,eh? Had to split it into 2 pots.

New bottles washed and ready to fill...soon as I turn them over.

Neighbor came over to help- she wanted to learn how to make hot sauce, so I helped her out.

post-1374-0-79816700-1357066187_thumb.jp

All the new bottles filled, pots still half full. There's a dumpster a couple miles away though...

post-1374-0-69027100-1357066264_thumb.jp

Found lots of bottles*! I'm waiting for them to boil now, that's why i'm taking this break.

post-1374-0-93460000-1357066368_thumb.jp

Some of her friends were with her.

post-1374-0-80609200-1357067862.jpg

..."so, what do you want us do do while we're waiting- a watched pot never boils you know!"

post-1374-0-50398300-1357067578_thumb.jp

"Well, you can get me a cup of coffee".

post-1374-0-51829800-1357067783.jpg

*as most of you know,I did not use any bottles that came out of a dumpster!

Very good discription with illustrations.

I started to think to grow some peppers around my land.

Haven't ever knew that hot sause is so attractive for hot girls.

Not shure though the climate is good for peppers, probably have to grow them up by a kitchen window.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I worrie the same way Tom.

Maybe it's prohibited because a custom man might damage his mouth testing the food product like that sause.

I still keep the hope to test it personally one day. Don't know how soon but time goes quicker than we used to note it.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

lol thats quite alright my man,,,im sure my old lady would have a thing or two to say about it,,,,what are you doing home??????bob

didn't have a load. unloaded those scrap coils in Suffolk yesterday, then came home. gotta be in Blacksburg in the morning to pick up some scaffolding and bring it to Bedford, then hopefully i'll get lumber from Moneta to deliver Monday.

I know that's right! My hands were burning because I didn't have gloves that fit, but 2 things you especially do not want to do is scratch your nuts or rub your eyes when you've handled hot peppers!

Ditto for poison ivy! happy1.png

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

didn't have a load. unloaded those scrap coils in Suffolk yesterday, then came home. gotta be in Blacksburg in the morning to pick up some scaffolding and bring it to Bedford, then hopefully i'll get lumber from Moneta to deliver Monday.

ahrite,,,hope it all works out.bob