Mass Construction Trucks

Manuel is a great guy, I chased one of the trucks down about 10 yrs ago. Followed it to his yard, what treat it ended up being. He showed me everything he had, b61 pickup, rd frame and running gear with a b81 cab and nose are what stand out in my mind most. I was probably there 2 hrs, he is a classy guy. I was a 23 yr old kid that just dropped in and he took the time to show me around and tell me his history.

• Like 1

seems its like that all over. everyone is cutthroat. I remember my grandfather tellin me his father use to go to the Mack garage on sundays to help the guys rebuild an old duplex or quadbox for one of his competitors JUST so he didn't lose his touch. then go to 'Sunday School' after which usually was the keyword for the local watering hole. cant do either anything, god forbid you have one sip of a beer and drive or own a gun in New York. borrowed a frienda trailer this am for work, now mind you its no bigger than an ATV trailer. got stopped but the local yokel and ended up with 4 tickets and wasting my time for an hour while he looked over the work pickup with a fine tooth comb but got pissed off when I had to ask him 3 times why he pulled me over. couldn't help but tell him the trailer I borrowed was the mayors of the same village that employs him, who is also best friends with the juge, so the hour he wasted writing me tickets that will get thrown out anyways. think the whole country has gone to pot. mind you this was all before 9 am this am. don't think he liked my comment about ''harassin the workin man cause all the welfare people in this town are still sleeping''. seems no one looks out for anyone anymore like we use to

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I respectfully disagree; anyone of the folks in this thread who are bemoaning the loss of community would drop what they are doing and go help out anyone on this board who asked for it. I've seen it before and it will happen again.

People are people; some are greedy, selfish and mean, others caring, helpful, and willing to help out at anytime. Don't let the actions of a few color your view of everyone.

Mr. Renie sounds like an extraordinary gentleman who really went out of his way to help folks out. What a great legacy and example for the rest of us to emulate.

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I can attest to the people on this board being real down to earth good hearted people who would give and help and not just thru words on a computer. I was very new to this board when I lost my home and everything but 2 garbage bags of cloths to Sandy. I was offered money food cloths shelter all from a bunch of guys who didnt know me or were never in the same room with me but were good enuff to consider me a part of there community.

• Like 1

Local 282 Union Service