A quiet Detroit that doesn't leak any oil :)

JumperAndSon

I was waiting on a picture of one in a scrap yard, but that works too I think I still have a couple resin kits for Detroit 8V92's and a 6V92 somewhere with all my truck model stuff, I have an E9 and a trtxl 1070 too! I just cant make myself buil any ofthe models to put em in.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

If you notice the black fingerprints on the cup in the background its from bens fingers where that detroit is already leaking oil.........or it could be paint......the mystery continues. Does look good though Ben, ive never had the patience to work on models...lol

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Old truck driver told me this joke, "So-and-so had a Detroit in his truck he was soo proud of he took a picture of the engine, had it framed, and hung it on the wall at the house. Oil ran down the wall and on Momma's carpet.

My favorite youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2zwd1iazvU&feature=related'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2zwd1iazvU&feature=related

What truck is that?

attachicon.gif16743323_fmcZeA.jpg Hi Ben, Believe it or not, I'm considering this 1971 Autocar with an 8V71 in it. I'm just wondering if it came with it new....Paul

They came with what ever you want. I'm in negotiations stage finally for an A Car with a A Car installed Allis Chalmers in it.

Ben, nice work on the Detroit to. The Bison is a nice kit to do. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

They came with what ever you want. I'm in negotiations stage finally for an A Car with a A Car installed Allis Chalmers in it.

Ben, nice work on the Detroit to. The Bison is a nice kit to do. Paul

Is that the same A-car you posted a while ago Paul? i have only ever seen one other truck(in person) with a factory Allis Chalmers in it,White Freightliner C.O.E belonged to a friend of my dads. Last time i was in Jersey,it was still sitting where it was from the eighties,when it gave up the ghost,someone had stolen the "Big AL" emblems off of it,and taken a pistol to what was left,the engine did seem fairly un-touched though. I agree about the Bison/General kits,IF you don't get one with a warped hood/cab like the first one i built!............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Is that the same A-car you posted a while ago Paul? i have only ever seen one other truck(in person) with a factory Allis Chalmers in it,White Freightliner C.O.E belonged to a friend of my dads. Last time i was in Jersey,it was still sitting where it was from the eighties,when it gave up the ghost,someone had stolen the "Big AL" emblems off of it,and taken a pistol to what was left,the engine did seem fairly un-touched though. I agree about the Bison/General kits,IF you don't get one with a warped hood/cab like the first one i built!............Mark

Same one. The Shed Guy called me last week and is finally ready to sell it. He supposed to give me a realistic price the end of the week.

That COE still in Jersey? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE