site change?

Maddog13407

Must be something with IE (I have version 8 not 7 - my mistake). I even reloaded IE8. I switched to Firefox to browse BMT and Truckpaper. FF is faster than IE8 for BMT and TP but I see no difference with other sites (IE or FF). BMT and TP are the only sites that are slow with IE8. :idunno:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

There have been some crazy microsoft updates in the last few weeks...we even had some issues here with some of our Mack software. I wouldn't doubt that Microsoft is trying to kill off some old computers in order to sell new ones!

I can say that BMT is up to date, secure and all systems are go! I have also installed the updated Recent Threads plugin. I'm not sure what is affecting some users but I would suspect something on your machines, Java is a big suspect in these kind of issues but I can't be certain. It could even be DNS issues with your ISP. I know of several websites that I cannot visit from home that I can at work. I can't figure it out either!

• Like 1

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I had a Microsoft security update recently and after that some of the browser settings changed. I had to go back into the internet options tab and re-set them to what I was used to.

If all else fails try re-setting the internet options to default.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I had to delete and block microsoft security update KB2761451 from my machine...it had adverse effects on our Mack parts systems at work and probably other pages as well. You can delete it and try from your programs and features under contol panel.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I had a Microsoft security update recently and after that some of the browser settings changed. I had to go back into the internet options tab and re-set them to what I was used to.

If all else fails try re-setting the internet options to default.

I reset my internet options to default and restarted IE...appears to be no change.

Ken

I had to delete and block microsoft security update KB2761451 from my machine...it had adverse effects on our Mack parts systems at work and probably other pages as well. You can delete it and try from your programs and features under contol panel.

How do I check and delete updates? Could not find it in Control Panel (WinXP),

Ken

Must be something with IE (I have version 8 not 7 - my mistake). I even reloaded IE8. I switched to Firefox to browse BMT and Truckpaper. FF is faster than IE8 for BMT and TP but I see no difference with other sites (IE or FF). BMT and TP are the only sites that are slow with IE8. :idunno:

I had issues viewing this website with IE8 but now run IE7. At that time I used Google Chrome to access BMT and it worked fine.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/26307-trouble-viewing-the-site-with-ie8/

Jim

I used to use AOL, but it seemed to get slow, then switched to IE because everything worked better,then switched to firefox, now everything seems to work better and faster with google chrome for some reason. Pretty much use it all the time now except for checking e-mail on AOL and IE.

I used to have my pc set to automatically install updates but I changed that setting. Now I look at them and pick the ones I want, or think I want anyway. I don't know what a lot of them are or what they actually do, but sometimes the updates seemed to screw up something that worked good before the update was installed.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm doing XP and still doing good.

Hate to change things I used to.

No issues about BMT and Truck Papers.

By the word, my XP has interface of '98, original option.

Don't know about any other modern Wind's and don't want to until I can.

According to Old Bill,http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/ , you should keep XP as long as you can. He always said it was the best.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

According to Old Bill,http://www.thedieselgypsy.com/ , you should keep XP as long as you can. He always said it was the best.

Thank you for the link. Many interesting including Russian truck and road storys.

Sorry about a shortage of time though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012