We should be seeing lots of Detroits today...

JumperAndSon

I'm not worried in the least,everyone knows the only things that will survive the end of the world are Mack trucks and cockroaches.All I gotta do is sit in one of my trucks and I should be fine,think I will stock up on some bug spray,though.

Bring Twinkies too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

WE, the tax payers kept GM open

BULLHUSK

No! We the tax payers gave 56% of GM to the UAW with our bailout money!!

Sold Chrysler to FIAT for less than 1/2 of the bailout money spent we gave to keep them open.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

either way, they won't have to worry about me spending any money on anything but a Ford product from now on.

The first Ford I'd owned in several years is a '99 Taurus that I bought in '06 and still one of 3 Fords I currently own. I've never been loyal to any brand but based on my experiences with theses 3 vehicles I was leaning toward sticking with Ford, but the bailout nonsense sealed the deal.

Jim

The first Ford I'd owned in several years is a '99 Taurus that I bought in '06 and still one of 3 Fords I currently own. I've never been loyal to any brand but based on my experiences with theses 3 vehicles I was leaning toward sticking with Ford, but the bailout nonsense sealed the deal.

I have to agree,i've always been a "Chevy guy" owned my truck over 40 years now,but my wifes car is a Ford,and been a damn good car to us, when i saw Ford flat-out refused the "bail-out" money gave me a new respect for them and their products.................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

No! We the tax payers gave 56% of GM to the UAW with our bailout money!!

Sold Chrysler to FIAT for less than 1/2 of the bailout money spent we gave to keep them open.

And how about those stock holders at GM? Barry and his boys don't say a lot about those poor people!! The UAW got the Mine and the stock holders got the SHAFT! Another free ride supplied by us, the tax payers! And you guys are right on about FORD, I bought there stock @ 1.50 when they were in the same boat as GM and Mopar, I took a shot and had faith in the Ford family to do the right thing, and they did. On the other hand the Fed's told them they better take the money or risk goin under and FORD told them to stick it where the sun don't shine!

BULLHUSK

And how about those stock holders at GM? Barry and his boys don't say a lot about those poor people!! The UAW got the Mine and the stock holders got the SHAFT! Another free ride supplied by us, the tax payers! And you guys are right on about FORD, I bought there stock @ 1.50 when they were in the same boat as GM and Mopar, I took a shot and had faith in the Ford family to do the right thing, and they did. On the other hand the Fed's told them they better take the money or risk goin under and FORD told them to stick it where the sun don't shine!

BULLHUSK

Now that you mention stocks....I did the same thing. I bought a bunch of Ford and GM stock and now the GM is worth NOTHING!!!!!! :angry:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Bottom line is the bail outs were payback to the UAW and a few other select people for "support in the election" The GM bail out saved the UAW and the retired UAW members medical benefits. So here is a question... when the union owns controlling interest in a company and its members negotiate their new contracts....do they always get what they want? Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

You want a good stock look up CSX and NS railroads, I get the stock report on CSX daily on my company emails and Ill tell ya since I have been here it has split 4 times and my boos has made anough off it to retire. The CSX and NS east coast capacity improvements are almost done and ready for the east coast container ports to ramp up after the panama canal opens to bigger boats then CSX and NS will have a larger share in import traffic, right now CSX and UP have a joint venture called UMAX thats all domestic 53' containers that is growing rapidly and CSX just launched CSX de Mexico so do what ya will but with more epa intrusion into trucking and more imports coming east I say go for CSX and NS for some money makers.

p.s. this is what I do.........

post-5240-0-55673300-1356370796_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

You want a good stock look up CSX and NS railroads, I get the stock report on CSX daily on my company emails and Ill tell ya since I have been here it has split 4 times and my boos has made anough off it to retire. The CSX and NS east coast capacity improvements are almost done and ready for the east coast container ports to ramp up after the panama canal opens to bigger boats then CSX and NS will have a larger share in import traffic, right now CSX and UP have a joint venture called UMAX thats all domestic 53' containers that is growing rapidly and CSX just launched CSX de Mexico so do what ya will but with more epa intrusion into trucking and more imports coming east I say go for CSX and NS for some money makers.

p.s. this is what I do.........

I was just doing some filing a few minutes ago. My 44 shares of Exxon/Mobil have increased in value by a whopping $503 since March of 2011. I need to cool off a bit before making any investment decisions, but CSX does look promising.

Jim

Not as scary as bamagirl

post-3242-0-69882600-1356578421.jpg

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE