Chicago R models

Axel and hilbilt pretty much ruled Chicago end dumps.

I didn't know Hilbilt made it that far north. They're built about two hours away from me. Do y'all ever see any Palmer trailers up that way? They're built in Amory, MS and seem to be the most popular around here.

Jake

I didn't know Hilbilt made it that far north. They're built about two hours away from me. Do y'all ever see any Palmer trailers up that way? They're built in Amory, MS and seem to be the most popular around here.
cant say I see any Palmer but a hilbilt frameless was pretty much the norm for 20 years, Mongoose 1/4 frames are also popular. The hilbilt frameless spring ride was a no frills all business trailer. Easy to maintain and parts were easy to find. Worst issue with them was the ladder style frame on the under side. Rust just eats those tubes and the welds cracks away from the floor.

Axel and hilbilt pretty much ruled Chicago end dumps.

Don't forget Heil,Trent.They were a big player in the dump trailer market around here too.Celli was a HUGE Heil user.I don't know when they quit building dump trailers? Quite a few of their old ones (Celli's) were still around not too long ago! :bulldog3:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

As Trent said,Hilbilt is a big trailer up here.You will see some Palmers around here from time to time.Another guy that I used haul with,had an aluminum Palmer that had the 'swirl' design like a Ravens on it.I heard they were later sued because that design was a patent for Ravens.Any truth to that jakebrake86?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Great thread!Many old Macks stll running out there?

Just a handful Bigdogtrucker.I think most of the old Macks have taken a "boat ride"..........sad, but true! :bulldog3: ...sniff,sniff............

What a F'n shame,figured they just got the ones near the coastline...

No,they come rootin' around here too! They will pay for the hauling or even driving to the NYC ports,just to get their hands on one of these proven workhorses!

Yea miss those good old r and superliners and rd s don't forget those heavy derizen trailers love this thread and all those nice pics I drove a78 with the 2 stick and 88with the 12speed still see the 88around the an01 rd now an 05 granite should live in the now BUT those old dogs. That's when work was fun! Lol

Lol.... Damm auto correct! Derizen and heil were pretty popular as well... I see a lot of aluminum Mac trailers lately. And Cora's steel trailers they Seam to be knock offs of other popular mfg.

See a resemblance?

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3531147

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=3863349

One thing that I did with newer end dumps was an air ride with a 1/4 frame. That thing rode so nice. Not as much bucking stable on the dirt. And the bags dumped when the air gate was opened.

As Trent said,Hilbilt is a big trailer up here.You will see some Palmers around here from time to time.Another guy that I used haul with,had an aluminum Palmer that had the 'swirl' design like a Ravens on it.I heard they were later sued because that design was a patent for Ravens.Any truth to that jakebrake86?

To be honest with you, I don't guess I've ever even seen an aluminum Palmer. I'm gonna have to check into that though.

Jake