LJ Mack tractors...

57 BCR: I wonder if you or anyone from Northern ILL remembers a tank truck outfit that used to travel through Wheeling Illinois in the late 50's or early 60's. I think it was called Rogers tank lines. They ran LJ's with twin tank trailers. I believe they hauled petro products. Used to spy them along with Celli and Meyer Macks while waiting for the bus.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2018 at 9:27 AM, james j neiweem said:

57 BCR: I wonder if you or anyone from Northern ILL remembers a tank truck outfit that used to travel through Wheeling Illinois in the late 50's or early 60's. I think it was called Rogers tank lines. They ran LJ's with twin tank trailers. I believe they hauled petro products. Used to spy them along with Celli and Meyer Macks while waiting for the bus.

Hey James,funny you should  mention  that. Charlie  Case's LJ was in fact a Rogers  Cartage truck. He told  me  he went down to their  terminal  and they had 4 or 5 LJ's out in front  for sale. He picked that one. I was always  going to ask him if Rogers  had put the WHITE  rear axle in it,or did he? Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

• 2 years later...
On 2/25/2018 at 9:04 PM, 57 bcr said:

You & me both,Mike. Charlie  and Florence were an inspiration  to us all. They had seen everything , plus! That's what made the truck so valuable to me. I got to spend a lot of  time talking with  them.  One time we had a show going on and Florence  said Charlie  really didn't  feel like going. Florence told Charlie," We have to go,Al Rhino  Is going to be there"! That just made my day. I will  never forget  that.

My mom want's to sell my late Father's LJ's Both 53's. Single axial. Hard noise. Dad restored them as best he could. One looks great to my eye's, the other just average. One has a replacement  290 Cummins. The original engine is still there and ran when removed maybe 10 to 15 years ago. Dad just felt the original Cummins was under powered. The other has the original Mack diesel engine. Both trucks are in the Greenville SC area. Not sure of the price yet. I'm surfing the web for ideas. I'm new here. Not sure if you can contact me or not. I'll try and look back later. Both trucks have either the duplex or triplex transmissions. Not a truck guy and can't remember for sure.

Yup, as said above.

Many people are usually looking for an old rig on this site. But putting an add with no pictures is about a worthless deal.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

3 hours ago, J Robert Boggs III said:

My mom want's to sell my late Father's LJ's Both 53's. Single axial. Hard noise. Dad restored them as best he could. One looks great to my eye's, the other just average. One has a replacement  290 Cummins. The original engine is still there and ran when removed maybe 10 to 15 years ago. Dad just felt the original Cummins was under powered. The other has the original Mack diesel engine. Both trucks are in the Greenville SC area. Not sure of the price yet. I'm surfing the web for ideas. I'm new here. Not sure if you can contact me or not. I'll try and look back later. Both trucks have either the duplex or triplex transmissions. Not a truck guy and can't remember for sure.

I'd be interested too, but need pics and prices.