fng with a A51T

cncFireman

Congratulations. Welcome to the forum. The truck was posted on here by two other people. If it wasn't on the other side of the country I would have been interested. You probably know that the Lanova is pretty rare. Unfortunately parts are pretty hard to come by. If you do get it running it would be a great truck to keep intact. If you don't, you should save the motor for parts. I had to buy a parts engine for my Lanova and still did not have enough parts to get one running. It is almost there though. Good luck and keep us updated.

Mike

I do agree to a point with it being a rare piece. I will try to get it running the seller is also throwing in a set of new injectors for the motor. However I do not need a tractor. I dont haul heavy loads and the lanova engine didnt seem to have a reliable history. I may keep the chassis around as I do like the rig and maybe keep an eye out for another A50 series cab to retore this chassis. This is my 1 ton chassis. It has a 453N detroit diesel with jakes bolted to a 5 speed clark and a 3 speed brownie box. Hd 70 rear with large sway bars. IFS up front with upgraded ball joints and lift bags. Also disc brakes from an RV on all 4 corners.

imagejpeg_3detroit.jpg

imagejpeg_2detroit.jpg

Edited by boostedretard

yup, tried and tried to buy an A54 a few years ago and the guy refused to sell it, was gonna restore it. then he took it all apart, lost interest and sold it to someone halfway across the country for scrap price, always liked those truck. id get it runnin and offer it for sale to one of us if your just gonna out the sheet metal on a 1 ton frame. pretty rare truck to be using for parts and find another doner cab. i wouldnt have a problem boning a gas job A model but one with a Lanova id kill for to have.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Well I'm in no hurry to axe the truck yet. Even right after I bought it the thought has crossed my mind of keep looking for another cab another day for the 1 ton and restore this beast. I will start cleaning her up soon. If i do keep the truck intact it will be likely put back into shape with more custom replacement parts rather than original parts as it would be extremely hard to track down all the little missing parts. This is my first tractor. I have operated alot of heavy digging equiptment and large forklifts but I have never even driven a true tractor.

I do agree to a point with it being a rare piece. I will try to get it running the seller is also throwing in a set of new injectors for the motor. However I do not need a tractor. I dont haul heavy loads and the lanova engine didnt seem to have a reliable history. I may keep the chassis around as I do like the rig and maybe keep an eye out for another A50 series cab to retore this chassis. This is my 1 ton chassis. It has a 453N detroit diesel with jakes bolted to a 5 speed clark and a 3 speed brownie box. Hd 70 rear with large sway bars. IFS up front with upgraded ball joints and lift bags. Also disc brakes from an RV on all 4 corners.

imagejpeg_3detroit.jpg

imagejpeg_2detroit.jpg

Put a different body on it and it would look and sound like this

That thing is bad. Love the detroit sound ust not much into them

Hey Ben this ones for you

yup, tried and tried to buy an A54 a few years ago and the guy refused to sell it, was gonna restore it. then he took it all apart, lost interest and sold it to someone halfway across the country for scrap price, always liked those truck. id get it runnin and offer it for sale to one of us if your just gonna out the sheet metal on a 1 ton frame. pretty rare truck to be using for parts and find another doner cab. i wouldnt have a problem boning a gas job A model but one with a Lanova id kill for to have.

You know where that A54 ended up don't you?

yup go figure, think i offered him close to 800 for it ALL together. truck came from Utica Steam Engine and Boiler Company, Utica Ny originally. they are still in business if anyone had heard of Utica Boilers.

I don't know what the kid in IN paid for it,but he sure took a hit on it.I figure I got the truck for the price of all the new glass he had cut for it.I never even twisted his arm,he just emailed me,said guess nobody else was interested and he had to move it,getting married or some poor excuse like that.

yea, i tried to buy it for about 3 years, wouldnt part with it. him and his brother build some weird 4 wheel steering yellow jeep and firetruck and are attention hogs at the truck show. bunch of assholes, both of them. wouldnt sell the truck, was gonna fix it up then sold it out of the blue.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Yes it did.That guy in Indiana that bought it gave up on it too and put it on Ebay.I was high bidder at around $350 but the reserve hadn't been met.I got a email 2 days later saying if I wanted it for that price it was mine.

post-61-0-20906100-1352943869.jpg

Thats funny!!! If you've ever seen a truck on ebay or craigslist and its not there the next day your best bet is contacting Mike... He probably bought it!! Sweet truck Mike.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

well after thinking over about the rarity of this truck it would be impossible for me to hack it up. Instead In a short while Ill get to work on her. I will be keeping the eyes peeled for another old mack to chop for my 1 ton.

You have chosen wisely.

well after thinking over about the rarity of this truck it would be impossible for me to hack it up. Instead In a short while Ill get to work on her. I will be keeping the eyes peeled for another old mack to chop for my 1 ton.

Why cut-up a Mack,when there are literally THOUSANDS of peterbilts,kenworths,freightliners etc. in junkyards throughout the country just waiting to be hacked up!..............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.