ENDL, whats so different?

burnin oil

I am picking up a 64 B73 concave cab for a parts truck and it has a ENDL 673 in it. Is this anything special? I am considering doing a quick rebuild (bearings, seals, and gaskets) and dropping it in my L model. I know they made a turbo model of this engine so I am considering dropping a turbo and pump on it that I already have and letting it roll. I know that she doesn't have piston oilers but I think she will be fine in a play truck. If the truck is ever worked GCVW will be 40k. Any easy life.

Still sitting in a tree line next to a farmers field. Just struck the deal and still need to go to the bank. The truck was originally a Carolina Frieght truck. B73 Concave cab with a short nose and a single axle. ENDL 673, 9spd OD Duplex, and a 4.65 rear axle. Some time ago it was converted to a dump truck. She has been sitting awhile and the front glass is toast. Cab is good but the floors are a little ruff. No telling about under the dash. The glove box is full of water from the busted windshield. Hopefully I can get her on a trailer in the next couple of weeks and rolled to storage. If anyone needs some parts let me know.

I will try and snap a picture in a few days when I take the guy his money. I thought it was a rare combo myself, just not desireable. Who in their right mind wants less leg room in this day and age? That said if someone is interested in saving an old truck I am buying for the rear axle I can swap out mine for it and have a good rolling truck with a 6.67 rear. Everything points to an original drivetrain.

I will try and snap a picture in a few days when I take the guy his money. I thought it was a rare combo myself, just not desireable. Who in their right mind wants less leg room in this day and age? That said if someone is interested in saving an old truck I am buying for the rear axle I can swap out mine for it and have a good rolling truck with a 6.67 rear. Everything points to an original drivetrain.

one of those deals where distance is the killer,I'd love to have what's left when your done with it.

There were "L"versions of several different engines,had nothing to do with hp & torque ratings.I have ENDL711's,ENDTL673's,and ENDL673's

Superdog, I am inclined to believe what you are saying. Nothing looked to special under the hood. This is the info I pulled from the wiki under Engine Data. I bet the torque difference is in the RPM.

B-67

ENDL 673 Diesel 4 7/8 x 6 672 170 @ 2100 480 @ 1200

END 673P Diesel same same 187 @ 2100 527 @ 1400

ENDL 673P Diesel same same 180 @ 2100 505 @ 1400

END 711 Diesel 5 x 6 707 211 @ 2100 602 @ 1350

They seemed to be stamped steel but I will have to take a better look. Honestly I snagged the engine numbers and didn't think much of it otherwise. I was hoping that a maxi had been swapped along the way. Anyone know of a source for the old head gasket? I am really considering pulling it down and checking the internals out. If I can't find a head gasket there isn't much need to go through the aggrevation.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the truck home last Friday and got the junk dump bed pulled and hauled for scrap metal. Next time I get home before dark I will throw some pic in the for sale section for anyone that needs some parts. I salvaged the wet kit and dump frame if anyone is looking.

Leversole. The steering wheel is there but in rough shape. It would need a total resto to fill the cracks. It is the smaller diameter wheel.

They seemed to be stamped steel but I will have to take a better look. Honestly I snagged the engine numbers and didn't think much of it otherwise. I was hoping that a maxi had been swapped along the way. Anyone know of a source for the old head gasket? I am really considering pulling it down and checking the internals out. If I can't find a head gasket there isn't much need to go through the aggrevation.

I used with very good results Vintage Engine & Machine Works, phone#208-651-1161 and talked to Mike Mahler. Some BMT members have used Olson's Gaskets with good results also.

mike