Ones that got away

The G753 from Wisconsin,belonged to the late Ron Ebert.He told me it was going overseas last time I had talked to him,before he passed.I want to say Belgium or somewhere.It was a pretty straight truck as I remember(minus the fact it had a 262 instead of its original 205).He told me he had plans of turning it into a Pirkle truck (whom he was leased to in the '60's & '70's).His wife asked,"how are you going to drive 2 trucks to the show?"(not a problem for me,when done one at a time!).He agreed with her and decided to sell it. Also that B-733 sleeper cab looks cool.Looks like it has the small radiator too (rare)! That Clariben hooded B was featured in the Clariben brochure I have from '74.When I find it ,Mike I will post the pic.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

That B615 has to be a B73 or B75 because of the long hood! B615 has the same length as a B61!

Right! Although it does have V-8 emblems on the hood (probably added later).

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The G753 from Wisconsin,belonged to the late Ron Ebert.He told me it was going overseas last time I had talked to him,before he passed.I want to say Belgium or somewhere.It was a pretty straight truck as I remember(minus the fact it had a 262 instead of its original 205).He told me he had plans of turning it into a Pirkle truck (whom he was leased to in the '60's & '70's).His wife asked,"how are you going to drive 2 trucks to the show?"(not a problem for me,when done one at a time!).He agreed with her and decided to sell it. Also that B-733 sleeper cab looks cool.Looks like it has the small radiator too (rare)! That Clariben hooded B was featured in the Clariben brochure I have from '74.When I find it ,Mike I will post the pic.

If you say Belgium it could be this one in Holland.

It has Mack engine although air ride rears, I suppose they were not factory air rides?

post-3971-0-07470200-1352662326_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-34702700-1352663610_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

If you say Belgium it could be this one in Holland.

It has Mack engine although air ride rears, I suppose they were not factory air rides?

this red G started out blue ,not the same truck.

I was thinking Ron told me the export deal fell thru,but maybe he just told me that to make me feel better.I really thought I had this one bought.

The Clariben hood B was the nicest looking conversion of any I'd ever seen,musta been the chrome grille work.It was in AZ I think,maybe,NV.All I remember was distance killed the deal at the time.

That G75 came from Delphi,IN. Ron Ebert called me to get the phone number of the guy that had it, i dont think he gave much for it. Ron was a nice guy to talk to met him at Iowa 80 truckshow. anyone know what happend to his Emeryville man that was a sweet truck. Ron

That G75 came from Delphi,IN. Ron Ebert called me to get the phone number of the guy that had it, i dont think he gave much for it. Ron was a nice guy to talk to met him at Iowa 80 truckshow. anyone know what happend to his Emeryville man that was a sweet truck. Ron

Ron, as far as I know his widow kept the truck to pass down to Ron's grandson.Yes it was a sweet truck.He offered me a "job" as co-driver to the Reno national show (that got moved to Colo. Springs).He told me a guy who offered to go out there with him backed out because he did not have a/c or p/s on his truck!He had been taking chemo treatments but was feeling good enough to go(at the time).I don't seem to make it to too many national events unless they're close (darn this workin' for a livin').